Door Close Assist

Richboy

Free Member

I have a 2021 Adria Twin based on the Fiat Ducato 2.3 with an electronic door Close Assist on the sliding side door.
This has failed. The central locking still functions and the sliding door closes/locks OK manually. No amount of WD40 on the contacts helps.
Any ideas please.

Wot they said 🙄
I’d say, something else to go wrong. Having enough trouble with my door as it is.

My van was awful when I got it, the back door hinges had seized due to lack of use, 170k and only used the SLD by the looks of it I had to drill holes in then loads of WD40, then once off cherry red and keep working them, they actually split the edges of the doors so had to have them welded up they were never right, and the SLD mech was really badly worn and could only get the top and middle parts.

As it's a 2021 model it will be under warranty so that'd be my first port of call, never even heard of it, but Google has these suggestions.

Welcome to Motohomer

Sorry I can't help further
Thanks Pudsey and mistericeman, I have now located the manufacturer of the Close Assist system on my Adria Twin - it is AST Zuziehhilfe, Germany and there is a very good video online of how to fit one of their closers. Unfortuneately the video is in German and I do not speak it. No matter, I now have a very good idea of how the system works and have a suspicion of what is wrong - no power getting to it. I now need to get knowledge of where the power for this retrofit is taken from - cable plug dropped out/fuse blown?? I am not sure where to go for technical help. My supplier has no knowledge and the local Fiat dealer has never heard of it. Has anyone got an email for Adria in Slovenia or is there a helpful UK site?

Thanks Pudsey and mistericeman, I have now located the manufacturer of the Close Assist system on my Adria Twin - it is AST Zuziehhilfe, Germany and there is a very good video online of how to fit one of their closers. Unfortuneately the video is in German and I do not speak it. No matter, I now have a very good idea of how the system works and have a suspicion of what is wrong - no power getting to it. I now need to get knowledge of where the power for this retrofit is taken from - cable plug dropped out/fuse blown?? I am not sure where to go for technical help. My supplier has no knowledge and the local Fiat dealer has never heard of it. Has anyone got an email for Adria in Slovenia or is there a helpful UK site?

Your first call should be to the selling dealer, the warranty is with them and they should sort it out.

Having watched the fitting video whilst it's a neat bit of kit, I think really only of use if you were impaired in some way as the doors are quite easy to shut, not speaking German there may be some security aspect to it as well.

'Helpful' and 'Adria' don't necessarily go together from my experience, especially if you have to order anything from them as their delivery times are pure fiction and once an order is placed it's impossible to get any accurate idea of order status or expected delivery. Contacts I have used in the past -
Ben Chandler. email - ben.chandler@adria.co.uk
Dejan Jazbec, Director of Aftersales services. email - DEJAN.JAZBEC@adria-mobil.si
Sonja Gole, General Manager. email - sonja.gole@adria-mobil.si

You say it was a "retrofit". Was that after you bought it, or arranged by the dealer who sold it to you? Or something else? I would suggest going to whoever arranged for it to be fitted, or as above, the dealer who sold it to you with it already fitted (if that were the case). If you start working on it that could invalidate your guarantee and any claim you have against the dealer or whoever arranged for this to be fitted.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back