Ducato front fog lamps

The quiddies

Has anyone fitted front fog lamps on their ducato. As I’m thinking of adding some to mine? It is a new van and has a cam bus system, which I think will cause a problem. I can’t even find a replacement switch for the dash on any site.

Has anyone fitted front fog lamps on their ducato. As I’m thinking of adding some to mine? It is a new van and has a cam bus system, which I think will cause a problem. I can’t even find a replacement switch for the dash on any site.
Are they not standard, they should be below the bumper line and 80mm from the edge, plus only come on when dip beam is used.

Last edited:
Do a search on Google for Ducato, what ever year yours is and see what comes up. I looked for my 201, also a canbus electrics, and found a kit. But I didn’t want to pay the silly price because it needs to integrate into the fiat wiring system.

When I was working I know that Valeo did a vehicle specific kit, perhaps ask at a local motor factor to see what they can turn up. Failing that you may need to ask your local Fiat dealer if there is a kit

Look on YouTube. Peugeot Boxer DRL light fitting. I think he’s fitting the ones Dave suggested.

If you are thinking of use in fog , they are a waste of time , modern headlights with a very well controlled dip pattern make them unnecessary,
Many vehicles are wired so that you need dipped headlights to get the rear fog to light up, so they end up only being usable as a supplement to head lights in fog , as it is illegal to have them on when vis is over 150mtrs unless they are being used on their own , ie without dipped headlights as you can only have one pair of lights on at a time when dipped. If being used as auxiliary head lights they must go out automatically when dip is selected, unless in reduced viz (150mtrs) . I use mine during daylight as a running lights without dip head on , to save headlight dip filament .

I hate folk who drive around with fog liights on on normal nights or days, why.
It looks like a lot of people seem have their front fog lights when driving around because often DRLs are fitted in exactly the same place as Fog Lights traditionally were. For example, I fitted the DRLs on my VW T5 where the Fog Lights would have been. So .... I would have appeared to be one of those folk?

I have a 2021 Fiat Ducato that came with the fog lights fitted.

I do know that you can fit and wire in fog lights without a new wiring harness, there is a live wire under the plastic panel inside the passengers footwell, a spare plug that comes live when the ignition is on. I wired some led’s up with it, easier due to the canbus wiring system.

It looks like a lot of people seem have their front fog lights when driving around because often DRLs are fitted in exactly the same place as Fog Lights traditionally were. For example, I fitted the DRLs on my VW T5 where the Fog Lights would have been. So .... I would have appeared to be one of those folk?
You must have fog lights by law these days, which should be below bumper line and 80mm from edge, day running lights are mounted above the line or around the head lamps.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back