DUCATO wiper motor

Plumber-Jim

Hi all, the wiper motor on my N & B Arto 07 year, has thrown a wobbly only working on full speed or manual wipe by holding the lever up. Does anyone know if there is a relay to change or is it a new motor? Any tips will be much appreciated.
Jim.

Hi all, the wiper motor on my N & B Arto 07 year, has thrown a wobbly only working on full speed or manual wipe by holding the lever up. Does anyone know if there is a relay to change or is it a new motor? Any tips will be much appreciated.
Jim.
Can you confirm it is based on the X250? If so the stalk inputs directly into the body computer and all wiper/wash functions are controlled by it.

Attachments

• washer wiper diagram.pdf
    360.3 KB · Views: 27
Hi raycz thanks for your reply, yes it is is the X250 but I don’ t like the sound of the computer bit. Any idea what the fix is or do I just live with it.
Jim

Hi raycz thanks for your reply, yes it is is the X250 but I don’ t like the sound of the computer bit. Any idea what the fix is or do I just live with it.
Jim
I guess the first test is to confirm the stalk operation. If it is connected to the Fiat multiscan system it is possible a) to check the functions of the stalk and b) drive the motor from the system. It may be worth checking the multi connector from the stalk that is located below the steering wheel.

I had exactly that problem on my 2008 Ducato based Adria. Full speed or flick wipe only. Aparently all the gubbins is in the motor body. i bought a new motor similar to item number 232648644650 on ebay complete with linkage. It was dead easy to fit and a complete cure.

Thanks for that Edward, will look into it. Does seem to make sense.
Jim.

Thanks for all your help guys, it turns out it was the motor that was at fault and took Edwards advise and got a new motor and linkage. Now being fitted as I type at Mo’s Motors, Fenstanton. Decided not to do it myself as bound to make a pigs ear of it. Mechanic most great-full for the wiring diagrams racy.
Jim

Update .cost of fitting at Mo’s motors£30 includeding vat not worth getting the spanner’s out at that price!
Jim

Can you confirm it is based on the X250? If so the stalk inputs directly into the body computer and all wiper/wash functions are controlled by it.
Are these interesting wiring diagrams available anywhere rayc?

Hi. I’ve never posted before. We’re currently away in Scotland in our 2007 Fiat Ducato 2.3 multijet (Mizar). Our wipers literally stopped working during torrential rain 2 days ago. Not funny! My husband is brilliant at fixing things but we’re stumped. Checked the obvious fuses etc. We think it’s the motor? I’ve searched the web for a fix and the Fiat forum says that basically it’s a “short” but they don’t know where and apparently it’s a common problem?
I came across this thread and wondered if this diagram will be the same for our cab or not?
Many thanks in advance. Birdo.

Have you checked if there is power going to the motor. If so it might be best to replace the whole unit, I followed Edward B’s link and got the motor and linkage the fitter told me it is much easier to fit as the wiper positions are preset.
Hope you get it sorted.
Jim.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back