Ececoa 3500w power inverter failure

Slow Giles

Hi,
I have the above inverter installed under my bed, wired up by an electrician into 2 leasure batteries correctly. I then have a remote ET-RC remote screen that allows the invertor to be switched on and monitor the power situation, with both state of battery displayed on the left, load on the right and voltage of the battery system in the middle.

It failed last week, with continuous bleeping from the inverter, and the load monitor on the remote alternating from zero load to maximum load with nothing connected.

Today, i have disconnected and opened up the invertor and checked the 12x30amp green fuses inside,but all are ok.

Any thoughts as to where should check now?

Warranty ran out in April, as it has worked fine for over a year and I installed a wire cage over the invertor to stop it being covered up and over heating...

Hi,
I have the above inverter installed under my bed, wired up by an electrician into 2 leasure batteries correctly. I then have a remote ET-RC remote screen that allows the invertor to be switched on and monitor the power situation, with both state of battery displayed on the left, load on the right and voltage of the battery system in the middle.

It failed last week, with continuous bleeping from the inverter, and the load monitor on the remote alternating from zero load to maximum load with nothing connected.

Today, i have disconnected and opened up the invertor and checked the 12x30amp green fuses inside,but all are ok.

Any thoughts as to where should check now?

Warranty ran out in April, as it has worked fine for over a year and I installed a wire cage over the invertor to stop it being covered up and over heating...
Maybe it got overloaded and needs resetting?

Regards,
Del

I would do the sniff-test.
When an inverter fails, usually you can smell it :)

I'd be inclined to contact the seller, they do sometimes help.

Did it fail while you were using it?
What sort of load do you power with it?
Have you tried removing the remote lead?
Quite interested in this post cos I have the same make but 2500/5000. Been ok for about 4 years but quite expecting to have to fix it sooner or later.

Quite interested in this post cos I have the same make but 2500/5000. Been ok for about 4 years but quite expecting to have to fix it sooner or later.
Just to reassure you .... I had the Edecoa 2500W Inverter. Failed after 11 months :( (so got my money back as still under warranty).

Tried removing the remote lead, but after switching on it take about 45 seconds for it to start beeping without anything plugging etc, just the power light on. I don't think I was using it, as very cautious about using it if on mains etc. Even bought different plug sockets with flaps on them that run from the inverter when it's switched on.

I will contact them as 15 months old, to see if they will at least offer a replacement at a reduced cost.
The OH spoke to Amazon when the Sky Remote failed a couple of days ago. it was out of warranty but she said she would have expected it to last more than 15 months. She got a refund for it without any problem!
Maybe if you bought somewhere like Amazon, try the same approach?

The OH spoke to Amazon when the Sky Remote failed a couple of days ago. it was out of warranty but she said she would have expected it to last more than 15 months. She got a refund for it without any problem!
Maybe if you bought somewhere like Amazon, try the same approach?
I have written to the main supplier on E-Bay that I purchased it from, asking what they can do etc.

To close this thread off, no joy of a discount follow on sale. They confirm something has failed inside and kindly offered me a replacement, which costs more than the item it's replacing like for like. Not impressed........

Depending on how far you want to go with getting it repaired. Typically it's a bunch of output FETs that go,3 legged devices attached to the large heat sink, they often take out the transistors driving them and often a handful of other components but non of them are expensive. There are appliance repair sheds popping up aimed at stopping stuff going to landfill so check on the net to see if you've got anything like that near you, also take a look online for your nearest Hack Space, they often have a geek that'd fix stuff for the cost of the components plus a couple of drinks.
I'd gladly take a shuftie for you but we're in the (long I suspect) process of a house move and sadly all my kit has been packed away ☹️☹️☹️

Thanks for the info. I will look around and see if I can get it repaired then sell it cheaply. Replacement ordered as I need it on Monday. Just gone for a 2000w instead of 3500 this time

Back