ecoflow delta

rugbyken

costco today had the ecoflow delta 2 for just under £800 that’s £400 cheaper than amazon the max was £1200+ still £600 cheaper than amazon & their 160 folding panel set was £215 all available online for members
i am no expert on electrics but looks like a good deal to me

not bad at all Ken, sale price on ecoflow website for the next 12 days is £899

How do these compare to lithium batteries in storage terms.Yes I do understand that they have dozens (?) of other features.
The Eco flow Delta flow is on offer @ £2999. It has a capacity of 3500wh.
Using an online ready reckoner , that equates to around 291ah.
ah = wh divided by volts
3500 divided x 12 = 291. 6666

That £3000 would buy 6 100ah Renogy lithium batteries.
Someone tell me that I'm missing the point. And more importantly, why so?

How do these compare to lithium batteries in storage terms.Yes I do understand that they have dozens (?) of other features.
ah = wh divided by volts

Gonna tweak the calculations ....
With your 12V Lead Acid battery, you convert Ah into WattHours or vice-versa by using 12.0V
However, due to the characteristics of Lithium, you use 12.8V instead of 12.0V, so the 3500Wh would equate to 273Ah rather than 291Ah (so actually makes it even less attractive to you :) ) .

In the price comparisons, you do have to include the value of the provided Pure Sine Wave Inverter (Ecoflow Delta is around 1500W?), the value of an MPPT controller and the value of a Mains Charger - in the case of the Ecoflow, a pretty powerful one I think.
I would say the above is at least the value of one 100Ah lithium battery.

Other factors are you save the cost of installing an inverter if you don't want to do it yourself and portability in a power solution. (I actually have a portable power station (a recent purchase) and I have used it in the garden for powering garden tools for example.)

There are other brands than Ecoflow that don't get mentioned as they haven't given "vanlifers" units in exchange for glowing reviews, and are often better value.
For example, I can get an additional 120Ah LiFePO4 Booster Battery for my Power Station that is no more expensive than one of the Relion 100Ah Lithium Batteries you mentioned

Last edited:
Thanks Dave. If anyone was doing a self build, I can see how the " other features", would come in handy. But if you were to fit a full array of Victron stuff, I reckon you'd still be in pocket.
In our case with, "tailor made" vans, I can't honestly see any advantage, to having one. ( Unless it's a freebie). Maybe we would use it as a, stand alone, extra power source.
I've got to put my hands up here. I have a Bluetti, EB70? I bought it for the fold out, solar panels it came with. After I lost a second, stand alone solar panel to the wind. Regular panels have toughened glass you know, goes everywhere.
I still have to find a use for the brick. Looking on the bright side, I've increased my battery bank by 56ah. Maybe !

Thanks Dave. If anyone was doing a self build, I can see how the " other features", would come in handy. But if you were to fit a full array of Victron stuff, I reckon you'd still be in pocket.
In our case with, "tailor made" vans, I can't honestly see any advantage, to having one. ( Unless it's a freebie). Maybe we would use it as a, stand alone, extra power source.
I've got to put my hands up here. I have a Bluetti, EB70? I bought it for the fold out, solar panels it came with. After I lost a second, stand alone solar panel to the wind. Regular panels have toughened glass you know, goes everywhere.
I still have to find a use for the brick. Looking on the bright side, I've increased my battery bank by 56ah. Maybe !
well, like you, I have bought a Portable Power Station without any absolute need for one.
I was without power at home during Storm Arwen for a few days - would have been handy to have it then to give some power for example, so there are the potential benefits.

Like David, I have using my Jackery to power so far, hedge trimmer, works a treat and no more faffing with extension cables. While power cuts are rare for us, I will be able to run gas central heating using power bank. Recently when at Rutland Water, I plugged in the ehu cable and ran the fridge in 240 for a couple of hours, drain on power bank was minimum over the period of time, panel was plugged in and I was inputting more from solar than than was output from powerbank.

I’m currently having a boys weekend with my grandson on a cc&c ths. I brought along and using for first time a recent purchase portable fridge freezer, MH 3 way if deliberately off. Power bank is running the FF. panels on, input is currently 76 w, output 2w, the attached image shows different figures, as FF was running on 240, I have now changed to 12v to experience the difference.

I am really happy with the Jackery, as it uses are not solely put to good use within the MH.
IMG_4871.jpeg

There are other brands than Ecoflow that don't get mentioned as they haven't given "vanlifers" units in exchange for glowing reviews, and are often better value.
Yup at the upper end Anker a well established brand and lower down Allpowers amongst others.
We purchased the Anker 767 with a pair of Elecantae folding panels to use for powering tools around the garden but also because we were forced into using or classic vw off grid for quite a few rallies and festival's as our new motorhome has been delayed for 2 summers now.Its already proved it worth and is likely to avoid the need for me to upgrade parts of the new vehicle.

ah = wh divided by volts

For an established motorhome they don’t Del, you either have to have additional needs or just want a new gadget. Can be a good idea if you are starting a new conversion as you could use a solar generator/power station as almost your entire electrical system (excluding wires). I say almost as none of these devices let you draw more than 10amps 12v so you would need a 240v/12v power supply but easy enough to do.

Edit: home use the Bluetti do some great additional battery packs for their bigger units but most of these are too big to be really classed as portable. If you want a solar power wall at home though…

For an established motorhome they don’t Del, you either have to have additional needs or just want a new gadget. Can be a good idea if you are starting a new conversion as you could use a solar generator/power station as almost your entire electrical system (excluding wires). I say almost as none of these devices let you draw more than 10amps 12v so you would need a 240v/12v power supply but easy enough to do.

Edit: home use the Bluetti do some great additional battery packs for their bigger units but most of these are too big to be really classed as portable. If you want a solar power wall at home though…
Good point regarding limitation of 10amps, see this work around

Yes I had already seen that one that’s why I mention the power supply, good link for others though :)

My thoughts exactly Neil.
GLMS. I've seen Mel's video. That got me thinking, they would be convenient for the selfbuilder. But a bit like an ash tray on a motorbike for a "shop bought".
Some years ago, I watched a video made by an American guy who sold truck camper conversions. He used to fit a simple 12v system into them, enough for lights, a cool box and the such. Once the early versions of the "solar generators" came on the market, he said he wouldn't fit anything else.
So they have a market.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back