EHIC Health Card

I didn't get past Q3 either. :ROFLMAO:

I guess it confirms UK travellers won’t be able to rely on their EHIC cover next year, whatever the expiry dates on their cards.

I guess it confirms UK travellers won’t be able to rely on their EHIC cover next year, whatever the expiry dates on their cards.
True - with one proviso: if you arrive before 31st December 2020, the EHIC will be honoured for the length of your stay.

Last edited:
So we have a deal.

View attachment 57950

Page 23 Heading Four -Social Security Coordination and Visas for Short-term Visits

It looks like we wil have reciprocal health care arrangements.

EDIT:

This popped up later:

View attachment 57952
I really hope you are right, this could be a make or break for many on here. Me included.

Wonder if there will be a charge slipped in for the GHIC? Already reciprocal agreements with other countries ( NZ, OZ) so this hopefully will be included under the Global card. Great that EHICcan be used till expiry ( ours are 2024)

We have always taken out travel/ health insurance when we lived in the UK and travelled to Europe. I wouldn’t like to rely on the EHIC, it doesn’t cover full cost of treatment nor repatriation of you or your vehicle.
Not sure how the system works in Spain where there is some sort of an agreement on healthcare with the UK, but in France, the EHIC will enable you access to the same healthcare locals will get but they have to rely on top up insurance to pay for the bulk of treatment.

Using EHIC often waives your excess on travel insurance claims. Check your policy.
Guess the same should apply to GHIC as I imagine it avoids you being ripped off at some of the more expensive private hospitals.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back