Elddis 185 autoquest

Wes

I would like to find out if anyone has fitted a second battery to this model, and if so where it is located

I would like to find out if anyone has fitted a second battery to this model, and if so where it is located

I have a Elddis 185 Evo and have just asked a solar panel company the same question.
As you firstly need to buy two batteries not just a secondary battery, and they need to be close to each other too, I found the only place to put them was under the single bed to the rear of the cooker. Two battery boxes will fit there and a slight rewire would leave your present battery box, empty for additional storage.

I have a Elddis 185 Evo and have just asked a solar panel company the same question.
As you firstly need to buy two batteries not just a secondary battery, and they need to be close to each other too, I found the only place to put them was under the single bed to the rear of the cooker. Two battery boxes will fit there and a slight rewire would leave your present battery box, empty for additional storage.
Thanks for reply, that is interesting, wonder why they don't install one battery in orginal box and wire to external box.
Are you still keeping 100watt panel?

You can add another 240watts (2 x 120w panels) on the roof with your 100w = 340w.
You will need another controller as the present one fitted is at its max
Apparently, only buying one battery makes a bad sync i.e. if your old battery is say for example 2 years old, the new one will adopt itself as 2 years old too.
Apparently, the further away each battery is connected, the less the system will work correctly.
Now .... I was quoted £1600 inc a proper volt meter. I know I can get that cheaper elsewhere, so I need your help please.
I am looking for another professional company who can supply and fit.

You can add another 240watts (2 x 120w panels) on the roof with your 100w = 340w.
Apparently, only buying one battery makes a bad sync i.e. if your old battery is say for example 2 years old, the new one will adopt itself as 2 years old too.
Apparently, the further away each battery is connected, the less the system will work correctly.
Now .... I was quoted £1600 inc a proper volt meter. I know I can get that cheaper elsewhere, so I need your help please.
W
Have not progressed that far, not sure how much solar panels cost, but would probably fit an extra one panel 120w which I would fit to roof myself to keep costs down leave the electrics to the experts...I have fitted an Epever tracer controller which is MPPT, but not sure if it it is making any difference.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back