Electric step problem.

sydnsue

Another problem on our holiday. When the engine is started, the step automatically folds. Well now it doesn't. The manual switch still works though. Anyone know what to look for?

Check to see if the fridge works on 12 volt when the engine is running ( green light ) because they are normally on the same circuit / fuse.

Check to see if the fridge works on 12 volt when the engine is running ( green light ) because they are normally on the same circuit / fuse.
Very interesting. The fridge is another problem that I had not yet posted on here. Time to check the fuse if I can find it.

Model of MH would be a help. If Fiat you should find under the bonnet 3 fuses being fridge, leisure battery and vehicle battery beside 2 relays, the split charge relays. When the engine is started one relay operates the feed to the leisure battery which operates a relay retracting the step. It is this fuse you are looking for. Other makes of MH may operate differently.

Model of MH would be a help. If Fiat you should find under the bonnet 3 fuses being fridge, leisure battery and vehicle battery beside 2 relays, the split charge relays. When the engine is started one relay operates the feed to the leisure battery which operates a relay retracting the step. It is this fuse you are looking for. Other makes of MH may operate differently.
Ok. Found the 30A fuse for fridge and step. Pulled it. Not blown. Pushed it back in. Step now retracts again with engine start. Fridge still refuses 12V. Fine on gas. Hope it's not a fridge problem as I know Thetford spares are expensive.

I have had this twice.
Both times the limit switch which is exposed to road spray and grit was the culprit.

Spray with some silicone WD40 and fault goes away.
One day I will get round to making a small mud flap gizmo to sit in front of the switch thereby protecting it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back