Engine Management Light

Kontikiman

Hi there hope somebody can help me. We went away for a few days 2 weeks ago and my engine management light came on and my speedo stopped working and my cruise control stopped working,I pulled over and got my owner handbook out which said there is a electrical problem but it is ok to carry on which we did we were only going 40 miles. My Motorhome is a Swift Kontiki 655 2004 . Any help would be most Appreciated.

Hi there hope somebody can help me. We went away for a few days 2 weeks ago and my engine management light came on and my speedo stopped working and my cruise control stopped working,I pulled over and got my owner handbook out which said there is a electrical problem but it is ok to carry on which we did we were only going 40 miles. My Motorhome is a Swift Kontiki 655 2004 . Any help would be most Appreciated.
I'm a technical incompetent, so cannot really help. I do have a vague recollection of seeing a Thread about this problem, though, on another Forum, and a YouTube Video showing the solution. IIRC, it involves disconnecting the instrument pod for about 8 minutes and then plugging everything back in to achieve a reset. My recollection is vague, but the Video did explain everything logically, and included a couple of 'DO NOT...' advice items as part of the procedure. A Google search may well throw up the Thread; sorry I can't offer less vague help

Steve

1. What's your base vehicle?
2. Safe to drive unless the warning eml turns red
3. The turn it off, remove key, wait 10 minutes, try again thing may work
4. If it doesn't re-set, or recurs, it will need 'looking at' or you could cause damage
5. Be aware it could go into 'limp mode'

A lot of these problems can be cured by disconnecting the engine battery for a few minutes. You need to turn off ign key wait for a few mins then disconnect battery negative lead wait for a few minutes then reconnect then hopefully cured. I know this is done because a auto electrician working on mine phoned me several times with questions and my tracker informed me of a power failure after each call

We had a similar problem with a 2005 Fiat Ducato -- warning light on, speedometer stopped working, also reduced power. (Don't have cruise control.) Problem was a blown fuse, which was caused by a fault in the oil vapour heater. Solution is to disconnect the oil vapour heater (which is only needed in cold weather) and replace fuse.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back