Engine warm up

Carrerasax

Should it take 8 minutes driving at 40-60mph to get vehicle to operating temperature at about 6C?or is something up with the thermostat
2017 fiat ducati?

Nope, that sounds fine. To me it always feels longer before there’s any noticeable warmth coming in the vents.

This time of year it can take a good few miles before the temp gauge gets to normal. I’d worry if it never gets there, it could mean the thermostat isn’t working.

It takes my work van (2016 ducato and now 2021 citroen relay)
Best part of 10 minutes (time it takes to get onto motorway from home)
Before I get decent heat out of the heater.

Some of the newer vehicles have an electric heating option, especially if you have a genuine euro six engine. Because they are so efficient, they take a while to warm up. I messed up and didn’t have the option, so now looking forward to a winter of ice scraping.

Some of the newer vehicles have an electric heating option, especially if you have a genuine euro six engine. Because they are so efficient, they take a while to warm up. I messed up and didn’t have the option, so now looking forward to a winter of ice scraping.
You can buy and fit a prewarmer to the water hose,used in canada.

The burstner Argos has that fitted as standard and is operated by a switch in the kitchen area for circulating the heated water in the habitation area via a heat exchanger.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back