EU tolls over 3.5T

SquirrellCook

Now that the weight has dropped from 7.5T to 3.5T for using what was toll free. What options are people using for driving in various countries.
What experiences have people had with the "in cab boxes"?
What are the best options for only two or three trips a year?

Mark

I think generally speaking if you are 3500kg or under you won't need an On Board Unit. As we are over that at 5000kg I have previously used one in Poland and the Czech Republic. I avoid using one in Austria as the non toll roads are usable for us without having to go on paying ones.

In Spain, Portugal, France and Italy you'll just pay the fees at toll booths, Class 2 in Spain, France and Italy certainly as we have not been to Portugal in the MH. If you have a TAG axle you could get stung for a higher fee. I use a Bip&Go tag in these countries (one tag covers all) which makes life much easier. There are numerous tags on the market but if you fancy a Bip&Go one drop me a PM and I can get you a code giving you €4 off your first bill (I get it too).

We usually make 2-3 trips a year. There is no fee on most tags for fallow months so it only gets a use charge for the months you use it...maximum of 2 chargeable months from memory I think.

How long did the bip n go tag take to arrive. We were looking at several companies last night.

From memory around 10-12 days I think.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back