Euro 6

Gixer

Free Member

Thanks for all the advice so far - my query is about the longevity of any motorhome, I have read I should stick to Euro 6 engines which means new or a couple of years old, any advice ?

I suppose it all depends on where and how you use it.

For instance, although my current van is Euro6, I prefer rural aires and stellplatz, and never felt concerned driving my last 2005 van.

If you’re looking to keep the van long term it may be worth going for Euro 6. Scotland alone has 41 areas where restrictions on anything but Euro 6 are planned.

I think the way things are going and if you use your van in urban areas, you may as well forget any form of longevity. Over ten years old and you'll be paying some form of surcharge/fine or no admittance at all.

France is getting more zones where you need the Crit’air stickers. Despite some people thinking French people don’t bother with the stickers, they are quite commonly seen on vehicles now, especially close to these zones and if you drive into a zone without the correct sticker, you will get a fine.
The stickers last the life of your vehicle, so if you buy a Euro 5 or 6 diesel, you will get a class 2 sticker which will allow you to drive right into ( God forbid) Paris among other cities.
Of course, things may change in the future, access by classification might change, but permanent emission zones are in the big cities, and I for one would rarely visit a big city.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back