Euro Travel Ban

That picture makes it look so inviting. Can’t imagine how I missed places like this. Just lucky I guess 😬
I suppose that if all you can manage due to holiday leave, or finances is a couple of weeks in the sun at places like this, then it wouldn’t be a problem. Wouldn’t suit me, or for that matter many on here. I reckon I’d need a holiday after two weeks of this. That’s why Nic and I took our holidays out of season. Neither of us enjoy crowds.
It’s also why I got the van.
In time, things will settle. That’s when places like the Costas, will be desperate for the Brits to return and spend. The Spanish economy depends on the likes of us Brits. Either as tourists or ex pats ( immigrants😚)

I feel sorry for businesses that rely solely on tourism for their income. As you say, the Spanish Costas are really only able to exist because of tourism and they will miss some of the Euros being spent there.
However, it looks like cross border travel within Europe will be allowed so tourism there will get a boost and if the U.K. aren’t allowed to visit, then the U.K. tourist industry will benefit from all the Brits staying there.
Sure, everyone will lose out to some extent but I don’t think any European country relies on just one nation for its income.

Reactions: 2cv
As a matter of interest, that article prompted me to look up when lockdown started in various countries. In terms of the advance of the pandemic, it's widely accepted that we were almost 3 weeks behind Italy, France and others. Remember that between 16th and 23rd March, the UK introduced a step by step closure - from social distancing, to closing pubs/restaurants and then schools, to full lockdown. Bearing that in mind, take a look at these lockdown dates...

Italy - Northern region 8th March, the rest of the country 10th March
Spain - 16th March
France - 17th March
Germany - 22nd March

I was shocked, especially about Germany!

As a matter of interest, that article prompted me to look up when lockdown started in various countries. In terms of the advance of the pandemic, it's widely accepted that we were almost 3 weeks behind Italy, France and others. Remember that between 16th and 23rd March, the UK introduced a step by step closure - from social distancing, to closing pubs/restaurants and then schools, to full lockdown. Bearing that in mind, take a look at these lockdown dates...

Italy - Northern region 8th March, the rest of the country 10th March
Spain - 16th March
France - 17th March
Germany - 22nd March

I was shocked, especially about Germany!

Thanks for doing this, Jennie.
It was on my to-do list for today!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Portugal State of Emergency was 19th March
The table in this article is quite an interesting comparison for the different countries responses

The actual dates don't explain the situation in the countries before the actual state of emergency. Things had started to clamp down in Portugal well before the date mentioned. The borders were effectively closed earlier.

hey, don't let facts get in the way of a good story!
And of course don't let's forget the way the respective governments actually enforced the lockdowns.
Some were very prescriptive and forceful in the way everything was introduced and policed, whilst another were less so, in fact to begin with seemed as though they were asking nicely.
Unfortunately the residents also differed in their behavioural response.
Perhaps the results speak for themselves

I saw on he news yesterday that UK is going to Quarantine people entering the UK for 12 days starting from the start of next Month , well that is OK then , come on in NOW folks, bring your bugs with you , UK LATE AGAIN !!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back