European Breakdown Cover

gipojoe

Free Member

Hello , need some advise , I am planning 3 month trip into Europe ,but I think I want annual policy , our motorhome is 7.21 metes in length , and I have noticed on the breakdown insurance there is limit of max 7 metres length
Without going into daft money , who do people use ? the quote from caravan club if I recall was serious money l think from memory over 500 .
Any advise on this ?
do I have to go with caravan club ? or any others who will give me quote ?

or should I ignore the 0.21 metres over length ?

van is less than 3.5 tonne

andy

You could look at RAC arrival in conjunction with the camping and caravan club. No size, weight or age restrictions.

Looks like you could have European cover for a year for under £250 and they seem to offer the first year of C&CC membership free.
If you do go for this type of package and your renewal jumps in price, be aware that they are open to negotiation. I am paying the same amount this year for the 3rd year running.

Davy

If your insurance is due then both Comfort and AIB do insurance with full European cover included. They easily cover your length - ours is 8.7m long and both of them covered that.

Ditto RAC Arrivals for breakdown. They have zones for Europe, for instance 3 covers outside EU. Discount with ccc.

I don't know where you are intending to go BUT
DO READ THE POLICY DETAILS CAREFULLY .
I have seen policies that do NOT cover Finland. ( Go there and you will understand the distances and remoteness. )
Some policies do NOT cover ISLANDS! I've no idea about Scottish ones.
ALSO you may be required to have a spare tyre not a tube of goo.
I realize recovery and return home can be many thousands of pounds and take a week or so.
Enjoy your travels.

I have cover through Nationwide flex plus account, costs £13.00 per month, covers upto 8 metres length and upto 7.5 ton. They cover the UK and Europe, I also have world wide travel insurance in with this although I have paid a fee to cover us for trips upto 105 days and for pre existing medical problems. Plus it also covers your mobile phone. Great service I had to use the breakdown side when in Spain and it was a quick response and I have claimed trice on the travel insurance for medical bills whilst in Thailand and the USA without any problems.

Ive alway found it cheaper to use an insurance companies that offer breakdown cover with insurance.
Eg ..safegaurd this year .
£498. 2 drivers full comp.15k miles 365 days usage h o me or abroad and full breakdown cover .

Health insurance fir both of us
Nationwide £136 ..up to 180 days in eu countries.

If your insurance is due then both Comfort and AIB do insurance with full European cover included. They easily cover your length - ours is 8.7m long and both of them covered that.
thanks for reply ,checked them out and yes all ok , planning on Norway next year , so sorting things out . Thanks for this
stay safe Andy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back