Ewwwwww Gross - Motorhome Safety

RCW

Free Member

Well that will teach me to climb on the roof, start cleaning it, “oh it’s raining” oh bugger!
What half can a wet ladder do falling from 5 ft on the way down?

ooops fell and hit my head”
“Hello ambulance lady where did you come from”

“hello doctor , what’s those shoe lace things in my head and why I got to spend 2 days in hospital eating yucky goooey stuff?”

“why the big bandage and amoxicillin and magic cream?”

why I have to wait until 30/07 , so a week before I can drive Bucharest to Brest , britanny via Hungary, Czech Republic , & Germany, it’s only 3000km, and I’ve only a small oil leak”?

the fun continues……….. stay tuned!

6A887676-8580-4FD8-9F46-557CEED93903.jpeg671FF8B2-54DA-4459-8302-4072A8D34394.jpegEAF0251D-C48E-4F83-9B66-2640E2E5DDDA.jpeg

That's why I never cleaned my roof in almost 20 years of van life.
What Management doesn't see, doesn't need unnecessary attention.
Clever post... Sad subject though.
Hope you bounce back soon.

Thanks all, the antibiotics are knocking the cra* out me. Hoping I’ll be ok to start driving next Sunday. :)

Maybe wear your crash helmet for future jaunts onto the roof? Hope it heals fast and lucky not worse!

A friend just had a ladder rung break ... crushed disk... they injected cement! Take it easy when you do set off ...

Reactions: RCW
A friend just had a ladder rung break ... crushed disk... they injected cement! Take it easy when you do set off ...
Thanks buddy, wife’s going to do a bit of the driving too. I have finally planned the routing which is Bucharest to Severin, Vienna , Metz, st Malo, Brest.

that’s about 3000 km so just ordered a couple of bottles of “stop leak oil” because I have a very small oil leak according to my engineer but it’s very small but this stuff is supposed to stop the leak. Obviously I will have it looked at properly when I get down to FRance.

Slightly off topic, when installing solar I have occasionally been asked to prep the van roof for a deck as well.
Unistrut is brilliant for supporting both but I always suggest to people they think hard about any form of raised rails or lip around the edges of their deck.
These like rooftop mounted awnings can easily become trip hazards, I personally would rather fall feet first than trip over something and end up going head first.

van roofs are great places to sit if treated with caution

Slightly off topic, when installing solar I have occasionally been asked to prep the van roof for a deck as well.
Unistrut is brilliant for supporting both but I always suggest to people they think hard about any form of raised rails or lip around the edges of their deck.
These like rooftop mounted awnings can easily become trip hazards, I personally would rather fall feet first than trip over something and end up going head first.

van roofs are great places to sit if treated with caution
I won’t be going on mine anytime soon. Still I’m paragliding next weekend. Soft landings ones hopes ;)

We have always managed to have a sloping roof due to where we park at home, and because I was buying and selling to fund the hobby I have had to clean a good few roofs in varying states of bloody awful, before we moved I was fortunate to have a next door neighbour whos drive was about 4 feet higher than ours so I could get up there via a step ladder (miss me real ladder) I would spray elbow grease all over the roof, then with my car wash brush extended to do the best I could then hose it all off, made a right mess of the sides, then I would chuck a 4 foot by 3 foot off-cut of carpet up and then get on the roof, even sloping it was very safe to walk on and I might have to move it a couple of times, I had a small bit to step onto for that, it used to take about an hour with all the phaffing about, then I had the sides to do, but one day I couldn't use his drive as he had friends staying and there was nowhere for me step ladder to sit so I used my bigger steps from the back of the van I was fine until I needed to get back down, I missed the top step and went arese over tit down to the houses path was about 3 feet below the drive, fortunately I too landed on my head so I was ok. I managed to slow myself on the way down but it scared me to death so no more roofs for me, at the new house it is parked below the house and if I stand on the wall I can put my elbows on the roof, but no way am I getting on the roof.

It may be urban legend, but I've heard tell of a guy who polished his roof while wintering in the Algarve. Worked from back to front, reached too far forward over the polished Luton and slid off the front onto his head and died. Sad if true.

Hope your all right. I’ve been reading your posts if I was you id head to Lourdes and get yourself and that van of yours blessed wae some holy water. Or start hunting for a four leaf clover. Hope your luck changes soon. 👍

Hope your all right. I’ve been reading your posts if I was you id head to Lourdes and get yourself and that van of yours blessed wae some holy water. Or start hunting for a four leaf clover. Hope your luck changes soon. 👍
Hey Wully, I’ve been to “Lourdes”, lovely spot. Doctors today, hopefully last visit, well neurologist, :)

four leaf clover, I do love cork, Monkstown is the village, great little spot, free parking opposite the pub. Cheap beer and food, free use of garden toilet, WiFi, great estuary walks, nearby spar supermarket. Would love to go back soon, only complaint is the ferry is bleeding expensive.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back