Exide et650 hydrometer test questions

PetreMillions

Free Member

I bought a exide et650 from alpha Batteries a few months ago. I have always been unimpressed by the performance of the battery and suspicious it is not performing as it should in comparison to the battery it replaced. it drops its voltage very quickly under a brief load and never recovers. The battery is well charged by 200w renogy solar array and gets continuously topped up. It rests at 12.7v over night. I bought a hydrometer to check the cells each of them showed the same poor reading of ~1150 region which is way less than the 1270 to 1300 region it should be in.

I have never drained the battery below 12.5v before recharging the following day.

Im not at all satisfied and think this falls well short of its supposed 5yr shelf life. Does anyone with some experience have any advice / thoughts?

Alpha batteries are very good ( in my opinion). I bought a battery from them a few years ago that failed to hold a charge after a few months. They asked me to get it tested ( I went to Halfords, who gave me a printed test result ) I sent this to Alpha, they sent me a new battery. It was all done in a couple of days.

Alpha batteries are very good ( in my opinion). I bought a battery from them a few years ago that failed to hold a charge after a few months. They asked me to get it tested ( I went to Halfords, who gave me a printed test result ) I sent this to Alpha, they sent me a new battery. It was all done in a couple of days.
Yearh cool thanks very much for the tip

Lucky to get into a battery with a hydrometer nowadays - even luckier to still have one 😀
Sounds like you need to call Alpha they pitch this as a top notch high cycle battery.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back