EXMOUTH former Lorry park may become Motorhome parking place

Deleted member 144

The site off The Royal Avenue, near to the train station, has been put forward as a possible location in East Devon where ‘appropriate facilities’ would be provided by the council to allow longer stays, and for which a premium overnight rate comparable with commercial campsites could be charged. £15 to £20 ) a night suggested WHAT HOW MUUUUCCCH?

Saw this on Facebook ??

I've never thought of a lorry park to be quote:
"Cllr Rylance said that the Lorry Park site was perfect for overnight camping, with Cllr Davey adding that it would be a very attractive site and an exciting opportunity"

But at £20 a night it could be a real bargain 😃, and maybe there will be,
"Well may I ask what you expected to see out of your M'Ho window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain..."
(Credit to Basil, Faulty Towers)

I've never thought of a lorry park to be quote:
"Cllr Rylance said that the Lorry Park site was perfect for overnight camping, with Cllr Davey adding that it would be a very attractive site and an exciting opportunity"

But at £20 a night it could be a real bargain 😃, and maybe there will be,
"Well may I ask what you expected to see out of your M'Ho window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain..."
(Credit to Basil, Faulty Towers)
Actually the lorry park in question is adjacent to the estuary and has some great views across to the Halton Hills. But to be honest the £20 is without doubt steep.

That's good, I (did) quite often go to The Swans Nest P.H. at Exminster and stay in their carpark so we could walk around Turf Lock, on the opposite shore, lovely place. Certainly something Basil couldn't offer!

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how campsite prices go now as and when they are re-opened. It may be that 15-20 to park in a carpark will be seen as reasonable if campsites hike their prices. Prices will be rising soon now anyway due to the summer season but I wonder how far they will drop when summer is over
scratchchin.gif

We stayed at a site in November last year in between lockdowns. It was a site in west Wales where you needed a car to go anywhere and to any shops, food places etc. We had a standard pitch - no water or drainage on the pitch - and it was £27.50 a night! Bearing in mind it was November. Pleasant enough but uber expensive for the location and time of year. No wonder we had the place mainly to ourselves!

If sites put their prices up to try and claw back lost revenue then I guess more of these car parks/CL's/CS's etc will become popular.

tinyurl.com/yzkjt94h We have Rallied on the Exmouth Rugby Club Field with the CCC gets very busy and you must book great venue, I looked at google maps and this proposed lorry park transformation is very close to the Rugby Club, the site will be great if it happens and the views are fantastic, take a flight there on Goog;le maps and see it now, lots of vans already use it it seems , still expensive though ., we definitely have had the best years Motor homing , things are definitely going to change overall especially with the loss of Portugal and some areas of Spain being anti Wild camping now .

Reactions: GMJ
Lorry tyres don’t muck about with tarmac, I hope they intend to resurface before charging £20 a night.

Reactions: GMJ
It will be interesting to see how campsite prices go now as and when they are re-opened. It may be that 15-20 to park in a carpark will be seen as reasonable if campsites hike their prices. Prices will be rising soon now anyway due to the summer season but I wonder how far they will drop when summer is over
scratchchin.gif

We stayed at a site in November last year in between lockdowns. It was a site in west Wales where you needed a car to go anywhere and to any shops, food places etc. We had a standard pitch - no water or drainage on the pitch - and it was £27.50 a night! Bearing in mind it was November. Pleasant enough but uber expensive for the location and time of year. No wonder we had the place mainly to ourselves!

If sites put their prices up to try and claw back lost revenue then I guess more of these car parks/CL's/CS's etc will become popular.
My God that does seem a lot of money for a night in a field!!!

HOW MUCH, with a rub of head with plat hand forehead backwards!!!! 😫😫

Tbf it was hard standing and the toilets/showers were open however, given that were in the midst of a pandemic, there was no hand sanitiser anywhere on site!

...but yes, £27.50 was way too high for that site at that time of year.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back