Factory Fitted TPMS system on Peugeot based Elddis

stewpot

This my first post despite being a member for sometime and have found the thread comments extremely useful.
I have a 2017 Elddis Autoquest Evolution and whilst returning from a weekend trip away recently, the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System(TPMS) lamp illuminated.
The vehicle handling was normal, but decided to stop and check the tyres as a precaution.
Measurement of the tyre pressures whilst warm were 68 front and 72 rear, which although below that shown on the door pillar label had not given any issues for the last 5 years.
My question is: Can you check individual TPMS sensors located within the wheel and if so how is this done? The Peugeot handbook implies if the tyre pressures are correct and the lamp is on then its a trip to a dealer, and the consequent pillage of your wallet. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

We had thus with ours.
Every time ours tyres dropped below 75psi sensors went off.
Soon as pumped up to 79psi reset ..
So glad new van gas nit got tyre sensors can let tyres down a bit and get a better and less hard ride.

Thanks for the feedback. I have checked this afternoon with my local Service & MOT Garage and they believe their TPMS testing gizmo can see if the sensors are transmitting. Apparently the sensors connect with the TPMS module via an RF signal at 433Mhz. Fingers crossed it is just a sensor and not TPMS Module.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back