Fiamma f45 not retracting

oorboom

hi, can anyone help just pitched up with motorhome @ Mortonhall in Edinburgh, released side awning to attach pop up awning and now the side awning won't retract (Fiamma F45) Any suggestions would be most welcome
Cheerz in advance

When you say released side awning do you mean unwind the F45 then feed awning into the bead? I know the manufacturers advise is to do that, I have a Kampa and they advise the same. I never do it, I think it`s too much weight on the windout canopy frame. Take the awning off again and try and wind the canopy in again. G

Check no leaves in the channels, second wind out all the way. And re wind ,getting a partner to tension and steady often won’t go home as over a period of time don’t wind in straight

Had a similar problem a couple of months ago and after much advice I wound out the awning and just kept on winding, so then it went underneath and my problem was solved. That said though, I haven't tried it since

When you say released side awning do you mean unwind the F45 then feed awning into the bead? I know the manufacturers advise is to do that, I have a Kampa and they advise the same. I never do it, I think it`s too much weight on the windout canopy frame. Take the awning off again and try and wind the canopy in again. G
Hi, thanks for replying, took the awning off but still the problem persists :-( It winds on a couple of inches then the reel just spins

Check no leaves in the channels, second wind out all the way. And re wind ,getting a partner to tension and steady often won’t go home as over a period of time don’t wind in straight
Hi, thanks for replying, checked for debris but still the problem persists :-( It winds on a couple of inches then the reel just spins

Had a similar problem a couple of months ago and after much advice I wound out the awning and just kept on winding, so then it went underneath and my problem was solved. That said though, I haven't tried it since
Hi, thanks for replying, wound the awning right off but still the problem persists :-( It winds on a couple of inches then the reel just spins

Hi, thanks for replying, wound the awning right off but still the problem persists :-( It winds on a couple of inches then the reel just spins

Had this problem some years ago with an Omnistor awning when the gearbox failed. Keep winding and nothing happened!

Had to remove the gearbox and slowly retract the awning using a spanner. Laying on the roof in the pouring rain of course!

Could be a similar problem?

Same here try to wind in wrong direction did same wind all the way out and keep going perfect

Had to remove the gearbox and slowly retract the awning using a spanner. Laying on the roof in the pouring rain of course!
I took the gearbox off my Omnistor awning yesterday. I thought it was faulty (the case is a bit cracked) but winding the awning out against the springiness was difficult. Too stiff for my powered spanner, springs back using a ratchet handle, so it would need to be two spanners. Not easy at the top of a ladder.
Then I realised the gearbox is fine, so I put it back on!

hi, can anyone help just pitched up with motorhome @ Mortonhall in Edinburgh, released side awning to attach pop up awning and now the side awning won't retract (Fiamma F45) Any suggestions would be most welcome
Cheerz in advance
Thanks for all the replies. Gearing system appears broken, managed to at least get it rehoused by winding it in & having someone applying pressure by pushing it in the centre, working of a step ladder. Roughly £100 for new gearing or £280 for electric, decisions 😄

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back