Fiamma Magic Rafter Pro

Eurobiker330

Free Member

My sons bought me 1 for my birthday last year. More kit to carry but it actually works quite well to make the canopy quite taught and less susceptable to the wind catching it.
Only thing I found was it causes a `V` channel from the top to bottom centre caused by the Fiamma Knuckles on the rafter slightly raising the Canopy canvas. I know they are Sun and not Rain canopies but obviously there are times when it will rain, which gets channeled down the `V` and a bit of a pain.
I went to Screwfix bought 4 x 1mL (£1 per length) of 22mm pipe lagging which is already pre slit for fitting round pipe work.
This was the results and works great, raises canvas above the knuckles20200123_100803.jpg20200123_100818.jpg20200123_100828.jpg20200123_100734.jpg20200123_100746.jpg without stretching and water runs off evenly.. Pics taken at Wood Leisure Blairgowrie.

Good idea and nice of you to share it. One thing puzzles me - Fiamma say the canopy is only for fair weather use but they make a totally weatherproof safari room to fit to the awning. Strange or what! We used ours in some horrendously foul weather at motocross with no bother. Even without the safari room fitted, we used the clip system pieces on the ends of the awning to stop it flapping about Bob

Hi Bob, your right. 1 thing I have found is the leisure industry is very much make it up as you go and tell the customers anything by the manufacturers. I think people like ourselfes find problems or issues and resolve them the best way we find works for us. If a good few motorhomers/campers got together we could come up with better products than the big name manufacturers.
And again, yeah they do say the canopy is fair weather, its waterproof, fairly stong and as long as braced properly as you devised(1 of the pics shows my own method of guying down) will withstand fairly bad weather no problem. Do you have a pic of your clip system, always interested in others ideas. G

No I'm sorry I don't - I've sold the safari room The clip system came with it but costs £272 for the aluminium bars separately (gulp). We have a verylarge Surf n Turf pop up for the motocross now. I still have the awning on the motorhome, but glued a rail just below it to fit our Kampa Rally Air Pro awning when we aren't at the motocross. Works fine and only 10 minutes from unpacking it to sitting in it having a beer. Cheerws, Bob

No I'm sorry I don't - I've sold the safari room The clip system came with it but costs £272 for the aluminium bars separately (gulp). We have a verylarge Surf n Turf pop up for the motocross now. I still have the awning on the motorhome, but glued a rail just below it to fit our Kampa Rally Air Pro awning when we aren't at the motocross. Works fine and only 10 minutes from unpacking it to sitting in it having a beer. Cheerws, Bob
No bother. Yeah same here, Mrs has usually got her wine poured before iv got the keys out the ignition! Cheers. G

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back