Fiamma Rack Top Bracket Covers

wildebus

Would someone know if the top fixing brackets should usually have covers on them (like the bottom fixings do)?
The Rack in question ...

Fiamma Rack
by David, on Flickr

I did a quick search for Fiamma Rack Covers, but the nearest listed were bottom covers, so wondering if there just aren't top covers made?

I've checked my images David, and similar to your AutoTrail ours had a bottom cover but the top did not.

Not sure if the attached image is clear enough, but I can zoom in on my pc.

Midi-Pyrénées_Gavarnie_Tracker at D921 Gavarnie aire.jpeg

thanks. must be standard, but a bit odd eh?

Funnily enough, I didn't notice it for a long time. When I finally visited the now defunct JohnsCross Motorhomes, they told me it was the way it was. Like you, I thought it odd, but they had a great reputation, and to be honest it didn't really bother me.

Funnily enough, I didn't notice it for a long time. When I finally visited the now defunct JohnsCross Motorhomes, they told me it was the way it was. Like you, I thought it odd, but they had a great reputation, and to be honest it didn't really bother me.
Just something I noticed the other day :)
TBH, I just want to make sure all the little bits and pieces are as when the van was brand new as even though I am constantly tinkering, I like things to be original (sounds totally contradictory I know!)

FWIW, the top covers are a PITA. I'm forever putting them back and finally resorted to dabs of Sikaflex to stop them unclipping and sliding down the tubes. That said, Agent Fiamma have them (at least in white) as spare parts including the clips for under £13. (Clicky Link)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back