Fiat Comfortmatic Gearbox

• Thread starter Deleted member 1728
  • Start date
We always had it serviced at a Fiat dealer, so hopefully they knew which oil to put in 🤔🫣😂
Hopefully but some Fiat Professional mechanics still say it doesn’t need changing at all. Possibly because the mechanic doesn’t know how to use the software which is essential to fully draining, re-priming and and resetting the clutch contact point. When I asked Adams Morey, Portsmouth about the cost of the clutch fluid change I was told it was a part of the 4 year service and as such covered by the fixed price. Beware garages who say differently. The service manager also said if he had a Comfortmatic he would change the fluid every year so I will get it done again next year when it goes in for the 5 year timing belt replacement.

that what i have heard you only have to put the wrong oil in & doesn't like it /cheyenne
That applies to lots of things, gearbox, engine, diff, brakes etc should always have the correct grade

Last 2 vans came with comfortmatic box, first s a shock. Bought van without realising it. Within half a mile was sold. Second van bought as a stipulation, would never go back. Hill assist button holds in gear longer on hills, take off at junctions can be a bit slow but with 160 brake remap don't find it an issue. Economy is good, getting 32mpg average. Personally I'd say go for it. Try a test drive and make your own mind up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back