Fiat Ducato 2003 side light problems

Lee Jan

Free Member

Hi can anybody help off on hols on Friday so testing the lights and no side lights on offside HELP!!! Please.

I have been having a quick look for you Lee and found this diagram , if it helps . Jeff

I have been having a quick look for you Lee and found this diagram , if it helps . Jeff

thanks Jeff there the fuses I've been checking but just noticed the side light in the headlamp is working so think it's a break in the wiring going to the back .

Hi can anybody help off on hols on Friday so testing the lights and no side lights on offside HELP!!! Please.
Hi Lee, is this the side marker lights? If so the fuse for mine was under the bench seat next to the leisure batteries their are a bank of fuses there. Mine is a Fiat ducato and a Burstner build.

If it's just the marker lights I'd not worry, also unless you plan to drive after dark you don't need them, brake lights and indicators are all you will likely need. An MOT failure of course but again unless you are going for one I'd not worry.

On our 2003 ducato I had an issue with loss of one front cab marker
Opposite rear marker
And one each of the side markers (forward one side and rearward on opposite)
And one side light out
Took some digging to find the 2 relevant fuses... (passenger side fuse, box (there are 3 in total on ours... One under dash on drivers/passengers and further one under bonnet)

Obviously fused separately so loss of one fuse doesn't leave any side or front or back unlit completely.

I assume you have checked the bulb and it’s connections. A tiny bit of rust or corrosion on the contacts could stop it working Check the earth wire connections to the body too
Also, by law any lights you have fitted, have to work, day or night, whether you need to use them or not.

Of course but who is going to stop you and check in daylight, newer vans of course have daylight lights too, but not an 03 van.

Obviously, they need to be working but if I was off on my jollies it'd the last thing I would worry about, fridge and water heater are first after the engine g/box n brakes.

I assume you have checked the bulb and it’s connections. A tiny bit of rust or corrosion on the contacts could stop it working Check the earth wire connections to the body too
Also, by law any lights you have fitted, have to work, day or night, whether you need to use them or not.
Yes I have the bulb and for rust but the is 4 lights out on that side so I think must be a break in the wire

Of course but who is going to stop you and check in daylight, newer vans of course have daylight lights too, but not an 03 van.

Obviously, they need to be working but if I was off on my jollies it'd the last thing I would worry about, fridge and water heater are first after the engine g/box n brakes.
Yes I no what you mean but traveling to Scotland in the dark.

Hi Lee, is this the side marker lights? If so the fuse for mine was under the bench seat next to the leisure batteries their are a bank of fuses there. Mine is a Fiat ducato and a Burstner build.
Thanks no it's all side lights on the off side except the one in headlight. It's a auto trail chieftain

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back