Fiat ducato 2016 oil change

Carrerasax

Fiat ducato 2016 oil change

20.000 service interval for first service seems long.
anyone any views on actual benefit of having an extra one done at 12,000.
ours was first registered 3/2017 but imagine it was actually built 6/16 if not earlier!!!

Mine is a 2013 with 20000 miles on the clock and only had one service , but I will get it booked in for another later in the year

I change just the oil and filter every 12 months, I do it myself and costs very little. Oil is cheap engines are not. Having said that I’m sure it would be fine every 2 years or 20k.

I would recommend oil and filter annually ,many vehicles are serviced annually .

If you’re thinking about it then do it imagine you dident and somthing broke you’d top yourself. I’ve ran vans all my life always felt comfortable first oil change between 5000 and 10000 and every ten thousand after that modern synthetic oils are better but I think changing the diesel filter just as important cheap to do and piece of mind.

Is it not 20k or a set time? My car never hits the mileage but gets taken in on a 12 month service interval

Carrerasax;n34917 said:
Yes 2 years

I wouldn't worry then, if you want an oil/filter change then just have that done, engine tech has changed immensely

Adams Morey in Bournemouth and Southampton do a low mileage service which includes oil and filter change for £120. They use genuine 0w30 oil, reset the oil change counter and stamp the service book. This compares favourably with sourcing the oil and filter and doing it yourself. Most owners will not have the software package to reset the oil counter themselves.

i get an oil change ever time its tested which this year is 9000 mile i only have to pay for the oil and filter not the test or changing it .

Exwindsurfer;n35264 said:
i get an oil change ever time its tested which this year is 9000 mile i only have to pay for the oil and filter not the test or changing it .

Lucky boy! Where? Pm me pls!!!!!

Rather than start another thread I thought I would ask my question as it is relavent. My Citroen Relay base vehicle is scheduled a service every 2 years. If I have it looked at after 12 months apart from an oil and oil filter change is there anything else i should have checked/replaced?

Thank you kind readers :)

hi just done mine 2 years old with 11,000 miles i really dont see the need to change the oil every year on low mileage motorhome nowadays with the quality of the current oil i can understand wanting to change when 1 year old after some running in but not every year

I got my Fiat serviced after 2 years - mainly because I have to take it to a Fiat Professional garage a couple of hours away. Year 3 I was due an MOT so got it serviced again and the wheels rotated. But they did the tyre pressures before they rotated the wheels, so they were completely wrong (apprentice and technician didn't co-ordinate). Fortunately, I checked the pressures before leaving the garage.

@Jenrai The service schedule is in the book. I would probably go for an annual service if it gave me peace of mind and it didn't break the bank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back