Fiat Ducato cam belt rplacement

Camper46

Fiat Ducato cam belt rplacement

Does anyone know the rough cost to have the cam belt replaced on a 2003 Fiat Ducato 2.3j engine and should I have the water pump replaced at the same time. We have only had the MoHo a couple of months and the cam belt was last changed in 2013. Can anyone recommend a company to carry out the works, we are located in the Burton upon Trent area.

Hi Have a look at the link below and at least you will have a starting price to compare and another advantage is you can be looking over his shoulder watching every thing he dose,, yes I would change the water pump + idler pulley if it has one as A you don't know the vans past history and B 5 years is normally the max for a belt,, and if the belt or the bearings on pump / pulley fail ITS ££££££ to repair,,, And when you do get it done ask for the old parts to be returned to you in the new parts box,, As some of the boxes have the mileage or 3yr / 5yr guarantee that way you have part no and you will know if its genuine parts and if its NOT a Fiat garage ask if they fit Gaits belts as hey are as good as they get.

https://www.clickmechanic.com/price-estimates/fiat/ducato/timing-belt-or-chain-replacement

Absolutely change your water pump together with the full cambelt kit. Don't even consider not changing it.

Just had mine changed on my 2 litre 2005 Fiat Ducato. Cambelt kit + water pump= £106, Anti freeze=£20, Materials=£10. Labour more tricky as I had other work done, but say £160.

I was darned lucky as the Cambelt was absolutely fine but the water pump bearing was stiffening and starting to fail.

Hi, We have a Dethleffs A class motorhome and live in Chellaston alongside the A50. We always use EDM Garages at Findern (Just off the A50/A38 Toyota roundabout) for all our mechanical and servicing on the motorhome. Reasonable pricing, have a high bay workshop, but above all they have considerable experience with motorhomes.

Yes change the water pump at the same time and pulley as well. As it appears youve not had it since new and don’t know the full history it’s not worth taking the chance.

Phillybarbour;n23558 said:
Yes change the water pump at the same time and pulley as well. As it appears youve not had it since new and don’t know the full history it’s not worth taking the chance.

Which pulley are you suggesting they change? there are three toothed and an idler. The water pump pulley is fixed and is supplied with the water pump.

We had our 1997 Ducato cam belt, pulleys idlers and serpentine belt changed. £300 all in. We were told it’s more costly on an A Class, not so easy to get to the engine.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back