Fiat ducato water heater not working

• Thread starter Deleted member 7090
  • Start date

Deleted member 7090

Can anyone tell us why water heater is not getting water hot as usually does.used motorhome in April no problem now nothing.truma heating.

A bit more info might help, like which model of heater is it, are there any flashing lights, have you checked fuses, is it on gas or electric etc.

Truma ultrastore water heater it is gas or electric but we use electric.no flashing light fuse is fine.thanls pudsy bear

Do you get a click when you turn it onto gas...
And if you do can you feel warm exhaust from the vent outside?
Does it function on mains (when on hook up) ?

Reactions: TJC
Do you get a click when you turn it onto gas...
And if you do can you feel warm exhaust from the vent outside?
Does it function on mains (when on hook up) ?
Getting none of them we think it's the heating element thank you

They are using it on EHU not Gas so there will be no gas valve clicking.

No, but as they are on EHU they wouldn't hear it.

I was thinking the same way until I saw the electric comment, I never us any water heaters on EHU as we 100% wild camp, I suppose I could (if I really wanted to) plug the van into the inverter for 20 minutes but it'd be a bit OTT I think.

Off original topic, but if you have decent solar, using the Water Heater on electric via Inverter is very doable.
Each one of the dips below is the water heater coming on (the first bigger one is the initial heating, the others are top-ups). Only lost 10% of the battery (this is also powering the 240V Fridge BTW) and today has been very overcast. If I had solar I'd be back to 100% by now.
Screenshot 2022-06-11 at 15-40-16  Monty - VRM Portal.png

Looks very good, but am I to assume these are not Lead acid batteries? and does it have a deterioration effect with all the charge/discharge cycles?

I only have 85w and 100ah so not good for me and not worth the investment.

Looks very good, but am I to assume these are not Lead acid batteries? and does it have a deterioration effect with all the charge/discharge cycles?

I only have 85w and 100ah so not good for me and not worth the investment.
That will have mostly used the Lithiums, but the Leads would be no different. With 100Ah and 85W of solar, not, it would not be doable (wild camping off-grid 100% with just 100Ah and 85W of solar is tricky enough to achieve!)

That will have mostly used the Lithiums, but the Leads would be no different. With 100Ah and 85W of solar, not, it would not be doable (wild camping off-grid 100% with just 100Ah and 85W of solar is tricky enough to achieve!)
Not really we have thee tablets and two phones, I charge mine at night and when driving, & Liz does hers through the day as and when needed, we do have a 300w inverter, but it's not been out of it's box yet, I got it in case I needed to take a laptop and to run a slow cooker when driving, all lighting is LED, the biggest user will be the heater fan and that only gets used for about ten minutes if we get cold as the heater itself on low is enough once up to temp, we are very frugal with water too, so far in this van once filled up at home we've not needed to find a tap, mind you 7 days is our longest so far, hoping for a few weeks once my heart stuff is done next week.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back