Finger blood glucose meter

Pudsey Bear

Does anyone have one, I have the stab-type ones but I thought there was like an oximeter and google is messing me about no matter how I search today.

I do !! I just stab my thumb occasionally wipe the blood onto the test strip and then ignore it, if I do stick into the meter thingy I can't read what it indicates so I just carry on. Years ago I was paranoid and did tests continuously, but eventually began to realise that my body told me when stuff was not ok so I adjusted my lifestyle. I lost 9 stone and reduced the sweet stuff to practically zero and tried really hard to reduce the wine intake too (I'm still working on that though !!)

That isn't what I want though, I have two of those already, there is one that you just put on your finger.

Does anyone have one, I have the stab-type ones but I thought there was like an oximeter and google is messing me about no matter how I search today.
Contact the diabetic nurse at GP surgery or local hospital, they usually get all the reps with new products pestering them....should be able to point you in the right direction.

I don't know of any device that doesn't need actual blood fo sample. The are a few that you attach that constantly measure blood with feedback to smart phone. Weekly change rather than finger price.
Libre I think is the manufacturer.
I use the finger pricker type myself

I Googled "innovative glucometer" and got a few

Thanks I'll look into it when I get home later on.

Management has been using the same basic one for 25 years. The modern ones are fiddly and fragile.
They told her she would only feel a little prick..
And they were right .

Huawei have brought out a wristwatch style glucose meter. I have seen the adverts on YT. No idea on price though.
Any chance of it arriving before Xmas?
After 55 years of wedded bliss, I'd love to buy her a different present.
She's got enough ironing boards, vacuum cleaners and mops.

Back