Fire Extinguisher

Jenrai

After emptying an out of date BC powder fire exinguisher I realised how messy the stuff is. Yes I know a fire in the van would be more messy but does anyone know of a small lighweight extinguisher type for use in the van thats not powder?

Thanks, Jenrai

I have two of these, one mounted at head level just inside the hab door, and a second at floor level in the same location. Both 50 second usage time. They are expensive, but so is my van. In all probability if fire took hold, no extinguisher will save the van, but one takes whatever precautions one can.

I have two of these, one mounted at head level just inside the hab door, and a second at floor level in the same location. Both 50 second usage time. They are expensive, but so is my van. In all probability if fire took hold, no extinguisher will save the van, but one takes whatever precautions one can.

These are definately worth having. My friend used one on an engine fire in his rally car.
It saved the car
Far more effective than powder types.

I have a water mist type. They can apparently be used safely on all types of fire and don't do the damage that powder types do as there is no residue from the extinguishing medium itself. The only downside is that they are probably bigger than other types, and also are more expensive.

I managed to make a mounting to fit it between the passenger seat and the "B" post so it's accessible from inside the van and also from outside via the passenger or side doors.

Morning Jenrai,

I use the following type that generates a 'water mist' and can douse both gas & electrical fire's.

I expect, as with any fire it will depend on how big it is but the reports are good.

No 'crud' just damp!

Shop around and they can be purchased, with delivery, for C£50 and have a good life span.

Come with the usual fitting bracket.

I have one in the van & one in the kitchen.

Ultra Fire. Water Mist 1.4L

Cheers

Boots

Another vote for water mist extinguishers.

Whatever you choose make sure it has appropriate safety approvals and certification.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back