Fire Risk. Lithium Batteries.

Tim120

Just seen on BBC London News an article about increasing numbers of fires involving e-bikes and e-scooters in particular Lithium-Ion batteries.
It would appear modification of some sort can be the problem. Clearly not just a London problem.
Grabbed the following from LFB website. Worth a read I think and maybe let others know who may not read this.

London Fire Brigade (e-bike/scooter hazard)

Not a fire but an electric car broke down ran out of power yesterday at the channel tunnel while boarding the train caused absolute mayhem they couldn’t get it off so had to reverse a load of cars off. Delayed services for over an hour.

Just for people's information, Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) batteries that we use in motorhomes are not the same chemistry as the Lithium-ion batteries used in scooters and e-bikes.
Absolutely, however, e-bikes/scooters are very often carried and charged in motorhomes. I think the message is, don't tamper and only buy replacements from a known reputable source. Some useful information with regards to charging/storage in a home environment also.

hi. mine are ALWAYS charged up when we are about off mains or the inverter the problem is people plug them in & p--s off especially phones .cheyenne

Absolutely, however, e-bikes/scooters are very often carried and charged in motorhomes. I think the message is, don't tamper and only buy replacements from a known reputable source. Some useful information with regards to charging/storage in a home environment also.
Totally agree, and I am happy that you have shared this information. I think it was a good idea just to let members know that LFP batteries are not the same, as I am sure the link you gave did not.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back