First timers from Santander to Portsmouth

moncayo movers

Free Member

We will be travellingup from Southern Spain and we would like to try for the first timegetting a ferry crossing from Santander to Portsmouth sometime inOctober not exactly sure of the date yet.

Do these ferries getbooked up quick or is three or four day before ok to book?

We were thinking aftertravelling up from Southern Spain we will have two maybe three daysrest at a campsite near Santander.

Could anyone give ussome Dos and DONTs about this crossing?

Also a campsite thatyou could recommend in Santander?

I have noticed lookingat the ferry crossings you arrive late evening in Portsmouth, afterwhich we have approx 5 hrs drive.

Could anyone recommenda campsite or a safe stop off passed M25 going on M11 then A11?

Or a campsite justleaving Portsmouth heading towards M25 but I have to watch theemissions zones as I have an older motorhome.

We will be travelling up from Southern Spain and we would like to try for the first time getting a ferry crossing from Santander to Portsmouth sometime in October not exactly sure of the date yet.
Do these ferries get booked up quick or is three or four day before ok to book ?
Go on line now see what's available to book for when you want to travel if you book a crossing pay the extra for a flexi ticket and you can change your sailing

Thank you for your replies.
I have just booked the ferry crossing. I have booked a cabin, would you happen to know if there is a electrical socket in the cabin that we could use. (Brittany Ferries).

The newer BF vessels have continental and British plug sockets, as well as USB for phone charging. But don't use your phone! It's possible, but you'll be routed through the ship's system :oops:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back