Fitting a towbar to a 2005 Fiat Ducato base

PerNorrgren

Hi,
wonder if anyone has some advice please.
I have a 2005 Fiat Ducato 2.8 base with a 6.5m AutoTrail Chayenne for my motorhome and would like to fit a towbar.
(this is for the e-bikes as I find them now a little heavy to get up on the normal bike rack that sits rather high up)

I am based in north Norfolk and wondered if you know of a good person/company in the area or not too far away that could fit it for me, please?
really appreciate your help.
thank you
Per Norrgren

Hi,
I have a 2005 Fiat Ducato 2.8 base with a 6.5m AutoTrail Chayenne for my motorhome and would like to fit a towbar.
(this is for the e-bikes as I find them now a little heavy to get up on the normal bike rack that sits rather high up)

I am based in north Norfolk and wondered if you know of a good person/company in the area or not too far away that could fit it for me, please?
thank you
Per Norrgren
Can't help with the towbar fitting, but we have a high Bike Rack on which we carry 2 x 21kg [excluding the 2 x 4Kg batteries]. We purchased a 3 step [2 steps plus a platform] folding ladder for €33 in Spain [about £35 for a similar model in UK via Amazon]. Our ladder has a 60cm platform height, so much easier to lift the bikes on and off, as well as the Bike Cover; and it doubles as the drop down bed ladder, whilst being small enough to travel on the bed top when en route. And it's both cheaper than a towbar, and less burden on the overall payload

Steve

Can't help with the towbar fitting, but we have a high Bike Rack on which we carry 2 x 21kg [excluding the 2 x 4Kg batteries]. We purchased a 3 step [2 steps plus a platform] folding ladder for €33 in Spain [about £35 for a similar model in UK via Amazon]. Our ladder has a 60cm platform height, so much easier to lift the bikes on and off, as well as the Bike Cover; and it doubles as the drop down bed ladder, whilst being small enough to travel on the bed top when en route. And it's both cheaper than a towbar, and less burden on the overall payload

Steve
Thank you Steve, good suggestion. Did not think of this.
Similar weight eBikes for us, I get them up but my shoulder does not like it very much.
But, I had in mind to be able to have short kayaks standing up on the low bike rack (with a mod) when bikes not on it.
Thank you

Hi,

thank you
Per Norrgren
Check the NTTA buyers guide for your local ‘trusted workshop’. https://www.ntta.co.uk/directory?isqsa=true
As your MoHo is a 2005, a type approved towbar isn’t required so, if necessary, a one-off could be fabricated.
Just be aware of the extra weight of the towbar and the e-bikes… All this needs to come off your payload! (My current towbar weighs 48kg)….

Check the NTTA buyers guide for your local ‘trusted workshop’. https://www.ntta.co.uk/directory?isqsa=true
As your MoHo is a 2005, a type approved towbar isn’t required so, if necessary, a one-off could be fabricated.
Just be aware of the extra weight of the towbar and the e-bikes… All this needs to come off your payload! (My current towbar weighs 48kg)….
Thank you Tony,
Appreciate your suggestion. it listed quite a few people not too far from me.

yes, need to take it to a weighbridge and see where I am as I have done a lot of alterations.
all the best
Per Norrgren

Back