Fitting refillable gas cylinder remote level guage

Patrick1

Hi, I have not posted on this forum, but use and appreciate the information I find here. I recently traded my 30 year old Weinsberg 650 for a 2014 Hymer exsis-i 588 in Germany. I have installed 2 refillable LPG cylinders. See photos attached. I had the Gas-it one in the old camper. I added the poly 1 that is from Germany (Brexit you know). Now I would like to place the remote guage on the Hymer control panel above the cabin door. I am looking for some guidance. How to route the sensor cable (6m long) through the cabin, how to access/remove the control panel and best way to tap 5V. I was pretty cavalier about these thing in the old camper but wish to maintain the integrity of the new one. There is an accessories outlet on the control box under the left seat, but routing a power cable up to the control panel seems daunting, so I am thinking about splicing into an existing red cable since the current usage in the guage is very low. The other alternative is to locate it at the back and tap off the reading light power. I would appreciate any suggestions or links as this is abig request.

get-attachment.asp

(20220723_132049.jpg)

get-attachment.asp

Well plugging away on this anyhow. I have decided to fit the LPG level guage next to the electrical panel above the door. I am busy bringing power from one of the spare connections on the schaudt electrobloc ebl 99, routing the cable under the floor to the door and up to the panel piggy backing the recently installed solar panel cable channelling. I will also tap off for a USB outlet in the front near the door with 10A fuse in the electrobloc.. I will bring the sensor cable from the garage up behind the fridge through the existing cable channel running along the edge of the roof on the right wall. Hopefully I can pull the cable through all the way. Most of the work is removing and reinstalling panels. It is also tricky drilling holes close to the walls. I wonder how they did it at the garage? I need to get the bullet inserts for the electrobloc plug. The one on the left in the picture is the block of spare ports. I am not a professional and simply describing what I am doing. If this is not appropriate for this forum please let me know. Any comments will be appreciated.

20220727_193525.jpg20220727_133743.jpg20220727_174655.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back