Flies inside double glazed windows.

Hillgazer

Is there a way to get flies out of double glazed windows? Also need to buy the little rubber plugs that are missing from the holes in the window that presumably let the flies crawl into the window in the first place. Any ideas welcome!

I used a very fine wire with a hook on the end pushed into the window to drag the wee burgers to the holes you need plugs for and fished/sucked (vacuum) them out. Got to be gentle as they break up when dry so you end up with odd wings, legs etc if you are too rough ( don't ask how I know)
Plugs here...
HTH
K ;)

When you do want to fit the bungs, it's easiest with a small diameter rod (I found a suitable-sized plastic one) pushing on the part of the bung that has to pass through the small hole in the window.

I wonder if it's worth removing the pane and turning it upside down and sucking out the bugs that way.

Many thanks everybody - I will try all of these suggestions - and get some more bungs!
Cracked it! Took the glazing panel off and two of us managed to shake/tap the dead flies near to a hole in the panell.
Used a piece of electrical wire sheathing into the hole and taped the other end to a small vaccuum cleaner, Took a while but managed to completely clean out the dead bodies - I feel much better now they've gone!
I ordered some new bungs from LeisureSpares in the end so that I get the genuine Seitz spare parts - very expensive at over £12 for 6 but postage was a fiver of that.
All in all very happy at a good result - many thanks for all the suggestions!

Leisure spares postage has always been a ripoff on small stuff

how did you get the window out and was it difficult to put back in
Most just lift up further and out once you remove the stays, a look at the top will confirm that is possible.

Having your email as your username may attract the wrong sort of person to your address You can ask Admin to change it to something better.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back