Folding washing machine

Bobtaylor

just found this advertised on Tinternet,
May be of use to some of you full time guys, or anyone off grid

Great I thought, then I started reading. Have you actually looked at the size of the load, it’s 0.3kg. For those like me who still feel a little more comfortable in old money that’s about 11oz. About one T-shirt and a pair of knickers. You ain’t getting jeans in there haha. Are we really incapable of washing a T-shirt by hand as that is a load

I think that the ultrasonic type are a total waste of time and money from what I have seen of them.

When I was in the company of the Laird they had a bucket which they use hot water and soap powder add the washing and leave while on journey to there destination, then it just requires a swill and hang on your chosen drying method

I for one think this is a great idea, and I am definitely going to follow this on my next travels

I have a bucket with a lid - washing, detergent & hot water in, leave in shower tray, arrive at destination, few quick plunges with my plunger from Wilko that my son put some holes in so it acts like an old fashioned posser. Job done. Rinse and hang out to dry.

When we are away Marjorie has a universal unit, does the washing, cooks the food and does the driving, and she only payed 7 shillings and 6 pence (75p) for the licence when we got married 😇 😂
Just shows I came cheap at the price:devilish:

Seriously, the shower is wonderful.
Come back from a walk with wet coats? hang them in the shower.
Washing to dry? hang it in the shower.
The shower is of slightly limited use for showering: uses too much water, but it's a really useful waterproof, drained, ventilated, heated storage space.
I think that photo was taken in an aire in SW France the autumn before last.
Judging by the depleted state of the leisure bank (48.3%), we must have been parked up quite a bit in the preceding few days. The tracker server would tell me if I looked. That's a great thing too: you can see just where you were at any given time. The photo lacks exif location data, but it does have a date.

Surely drying in the van adds to the condensation, normally use a line from the mirror to a tree etc, windy days dry faster.

I have one of these but mine is a vintage one had it a long time sadly it lives in the bowels of my garage somewhere.

Surely drying in the van adds to the condensation, normally use a line from the mirror to a tree etc, windy days dry faster.
It does, but my shower is well ventilated. You would expect that: it's designed for showering in!
In that photo, we were in hot, dry Southern France, so damp was not an issue.

I have one of these but mine is a vintage one had it a long time sadly it lives in the bowels of my garage somewhere.
Looks neat, but presumably it's a washer, not a dryer. We find the kitchen sink is fine for washing clothes. It's drying them that is the problem.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back