Following demise of Maplin Try RS Components

Trek

Free Member

Wanted a couple of small electrical / electronic components that i would have possibly gone to Maplins for

So i looked on ebay and found items in China which were listed as “ not new”

Tried rs components and got exactly the items i wanted brand new for same price as from china on ebay

And Rs components even had FREE P&P for these few items that were under a tenner and it arrived next day

Uk.rs-online.com

Fab. I'll have to point my hdear husband in the right direction. He was a great lover of all things Maplin!

I used RS components when I worked as a buyer at an engineering firm for some of the components they were very practical, if they never had it in stock they would quote you a delivery date always FOC

Depends what you want. If transistors, diodes, resistors etc, RS is just about all there is now. Shame they don't have local outlets.

When I was a live sound engineer, i'd head to a maplins B&M if I needed it NOW!... or RS electronics if I could wait a few days.

Even though I got rid of tons of stuff a couple of years ago, I couldn't bear to say goodbye to a solder station I bought from maplins 10 years before. My other prized 'leccy possession. There was a screwdriver set (also included a few other whathaveyou's)... in a green zipped pouch.. Loved it...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back