FOR SALE – 1995 FORD HERALD ARAGON, 2.5l DIESEL, 4 BERTH MOTORHOME; £8,500 O.N.O

canoegnu

A well appointed, spacious and very comfortable motorhome, in good condition for its age. Our children are grown up now, so we are looking to downsize. Very reliable engine – starts first time, every time. We have driven this van down to the Alps and back several times, without any problems.
Available for viewing in Waterlooville, Hants. Looking for £8,500 O.N.O.
  • Base vehicle - 1995 Ford Transit 2.5l diesel.
  • 47,900 miles
  • MOT from May 2019
  • Damp and habitation check undertaken July 2019. Only issues found were:
1) Gas bottle regulator and rubber hose out of date (which I will replace before sale).
2) Toilet flush pump not working. We have had a quote for replacement at £150 (parts and labour). We have an appointment in August to get it fixed. If the van sells before then, I’ll take £150 off the price. If you’re in a rush to use the van, you could use toilet and just pour a bit of water into the bowl afterwards, until the pump is replaced.
  • “Captain” style seats in cab. The passenger seat swivels around to face rearwards.
  • Sleeps 4 – loads of space for two above the cab and the “downstairs” seating converts to a double bed.
  • Gas blown air heater.
  • Two way hot water (gas and 240V electric)
  • Gas hob, grill and oven.
  • Sink and drainer in kitchen area.
  • 3 way fridge (240V electric, 12V electric and gas).
  • Wet room containing shower, fold down washbasin and cassette toilet.
  • Small TV and roof mounted aerial.
  • Thule 3 bike carrier on rear.
  • Ladder to roof and built-in, load bearing roof bars / rack.
  • Dashboard CD player.
  • Wind out awning.
  • New leisure battery.
Now for the bad bits:
  • Toilet flush pump awaiting replacement (see explanation above).
  • There is some rust on the body work of the cab, wheel arches, corner of wings and doors. I have tried to show this in the photos. Otherwise, the bodywork is still in quite good condition for a 23 year old transit. The rust is still at a repairable stage.
  • There is some damage on the fibreglass valance at the lower rear left corner of the van. I have shown this in the photos also. It is all solid and sound and repairable.
Notwithstanding the above points, I would consider the van to be in good condition for its age, inside and out.

1.JPG2.JPG5.JPG9.JPG11.JPG12.JPG13.JPG14.JPG15.JPG17.JPG18.JPG19.JPG23.JPG25.JPG26.JPG27.JPG

£150 seems a lot to repair a pump in the toilet, First check the fuse ( should be in the cassette compartment) if ok it might be worth having a go your self as it is very easy to get to, just prize out the toilet roll holder on the right and the pump is just below it held in with a small bracket and a pozidrive screw, undo the screw and gently remove the pump from the hose and then lift out the pump , a lot of the time they just seize up so you might be able to turn the impeller with a small screwdriver to get it started, or just replace with a submersible pump for about a fiver, just be carefull with the hose as they can be brittle and a real problem if you disconnect it at the bowl end. If you look on Thetfords website or leisure shop direct you should find some exploded parts diagrams. Could also be the micro switch on the flush knob , or as I have found many times a bad earth wire going to the toilet 12v connection.

£150 seems a lot to repair a pump in the toilet, First check the fuse ( should be in the cassette compartment) if ok it might be worth having a go your self as it is very easy to get to, just prize out the toilet roll holder on the right and the pump is just below it held in with a small bracket and a pozidrive screw, undo the screw and gently remove the pump from the hose and then lift out the pump , a lot of the time they just seize up so you might be able to turn the impeller with a small screwdriver to get it started, or just replace with a submersible pump for about a fiver, just be carefull with the hose as they can be brittle and a real problem if you disconnect it at the bowl end. If you look on Thetfords website or leisure shop direct you should find some exploded parts diagrams. Could also be the micro switch on the flush knob , or as I have found many times a bad earth wire going to the toilet 12v connection.
Thanks, that's really helpful. I'll give it a try.

You can get a pattern replacement pump for well under £20 that will easily fit into the housing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back