For Tony.

I think we should have a Tractor thread
Great pictures why are the just for Tony we all appreciate a nice tractor 🚜 👍👍
They are there for all to enjoy Andy, especially forum member tractor enthusiasts. I was saying to a guy also admiring the machines, it would have been much much better if each machine had reading detail plaque on the machines history, year built etc.

Tony was planning to visit the show, he cancelled due to weather uncertainty. Hence thread title 👍

Thanks for the pics, Terry. It has brightened up a bit now so we thought of coming across but cookie making in the kitchen took over! Our eldest grandson works as a farm contractor near Blairgowrie and has access to the mightiest of machines. However he really fancies doing up an old tractor When we were away he sent a video of his latest machine and I was particularly amused to see what the implement he was towing was called.

183ead94-e9bc-485b-9251-88a8fc9d5d75.jpeg

Worked with a few sh*t flingers over the years 😂

A few contractors at the show with their huge machines!

I used to love going to steam and farm-type stuff rallies, but I fell out with it.

I'm an extractor fan.

Sue is related to the James Oliver of Oliver Plough (chilled plough share invention) fame from Newcastleton (or “copshee”). One of his agricultural products after he moved to America was the fairly rare Oliver tractor. We came across an old farm building on a CL in Dumfries and Galloway a few years back which had three Oliver tractors. Many a happy hour was spent talking to the farmer about them, no doubt boring our friends silly!
Recently Sue’s cousin located an Oliver plough in Ireland, had it renovated and gave it to the museum in Newcastleton, where we all went down for a small ceremony.

IMG_1393.jpeg

That is a chunky looking tractor Tony. I’ve never heard of the brand name either, I’ll google it later.

I love it when a thread expands and and a little history is learned 👍

At a CL I noticed this 1949 Little Grey Fergie.

The site owner told me that he'd recently bought it, that it runs just fine, and that he was looking to restore it. He's incredibly busy and at the moment it's on Sorn.

1949 Massey Ferguson TEA-20.jpeg1949 Massey Ferguson TEA-20

If I had the space I'd love an old Grey & Gold Fergie just to look at it and maybe trailer it to shows in the summer if we ever get another one.

This is a little series of a restoration of one.

Here is mine I have had it for about 13 years now, but I am thinking of letting it go this year

View attachment 73606View attachment 73607View attachment 73608View attachment 73609View attachment 73610
I have done nothing as adventurous as that as I don’t have the skills to renovate a tractor. Very impressed with what you have done. However I did build my last tractor from a kit! It’s a Siromer 205s that’s based on the old MF35. The Siromer is actually built in China then stripped right back down so that several can be put in one shipping container to cut shipping costs. It’s still going strong (touch wood) after nearly 20 years of hard use.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back