Foreign Travel Restrictions - Summary

Thanks Graham, fingers crossed my trip to France, Italy and maybe Germany will still be Ok in 3 weeks time.

Fingers crossed for you
[smile]

We have decided - I think - that we will start booking our January Spanish trip, in September. We were thinking of visiting Madrid for 4/5 days but will scrap that; Gibraltar is still under discussion; and we may do 2 main campsites (for 3 weeks each) instead of 3 (for 2 weeks each). All still under discussion at the mo tho...

It is such a volatile situation right now - and for obvious reasons - I really don't get why people are making these plans to go abroad this year.
It really makes no sense to me whatsoever. Yes, it is a shame you can't go to Spain or France for a few days, but then again it is a bigger shame that there will soon be a million people dead from a global infectious pandemic with no current effective cure.
Get some perspective.

France isn't just on a quarantine list. It's on a "do not travel unless necessary" list.

France isn't just on a quarantine list. It's on a "do not travel unless necessary" list.
Not today but SOON !
I quote
Thousands of holidaymakers are racing to return to the UK, with quarantine restrictions imposed on France coming into force from Saturday.

On a list today, list effective tomorrow, or on Sunday, depending which minister you listen to.

Depending on how you look at the statistics, UK is worse than France anyway.

A sceptic would say because there is no way Europeans are going to travel to the UK, the government is just 'encouraging' holidays and associated spending in the UK instead of Europe.

Sadly I think you’re probably on the right track. How is it going to work for freight? Does this mean no lorries bringing goods in through France from anywhere in Europe.

We were scuppered in March and made a mad dash back from southern Spain now our month away in September is trashe. Whilst I can accept it’s a first world problem and many are much worse off it’s just one less year of a diminishing number that we can’t enjoy doing what we love to do.

We were scuppered in March and made a mad dash back from southern Spain now our month away in September is trashe. Whilst I can accept it’s a first world problem and many are much worse off it’s just one less year of a diminishing number that we can’t enjoy doing what we love to do.

Well put - That's exactly how I feel too !!!

For myself, I'm philosophical and accept it as necessary to help GB.

I have said this before many small villages and reporting outbreaks of the vires so sorry to say be safe and give Spain a miss at the moment.:cry::cry:

Yes @kenspain
Most of Europe (and more) and more will go through troughs and peaks over the coming months.
Whether they call it self-isolation or quarantine is of little consequence !
For those working 2 weeks loss of income is a problem.
Also how do you get food and other essentials and what if you need a handyman in to fix something ?

Of course the potential health consequence is the main worry
BUT many individuals seem to have forgotten this !

Yes @kenspain
Most of Europe (and more) and more will go through troughs and peaks over the coming months.
Also how do you get food and other essentials and what if you need a handyman in to fix something ?

If you went travelling I wonder how long it would take for a kind soul to do a shopping list displayed in the window!!!!!
MUCH Longer I expect for someone to empty the toilet cassette!!!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣😩

Yes @kenspain

Food can be delivered of course.
Communications delivered by the post if not electronically. Also, it may depend on your local sorting office/postman, but if I want to post something away, my postman will pick it up when he is delivering the mail, as long as it is pre-paid of course (so stamps or buy postage on-line and print out the label to stick on).

Nowadays, we can all be agrophobic without too much of a problem.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back