Forgive me, Father

wildebus

For I have sinned. It is 41 months since my last Camp out without watching a screen :eek:

Now I know many people think it is sacrilegious to go away camping and want to watch TV, but I for one enjoy TV, be it a TV Program, viewing a Movie or some Youtube stuff.
I have a Cello 16" TV but TBH I find the screen a bit too small unless it is close - and then it feel too close :confused:

So decided to upgrade to a 40" screen in the camper :p

Here we go ...

Lenovo Tablet
by David, on Flickr

Currently got "The Marvellous Mrs Maisel" on :geek:
This is of course a projector screen. I Choose a 40" screen as the optimum size to fit inside the van and go across the width.
The picture above is projected from my Lenovo Tablet running the Amazon Prime App and is pretty nice.

To go with the Screen I did also buy a cheap dedicated projector (ELEPHAS Projector) for £45. This allows you to plug various devices and run direct.
I have plugged in an Amazon Firestick, directly powered via the USB port on the projector and put on "Taken, the TV Series"

Elephas Projector
by David, on Flickr]
Waiting on a stand to put the projector on (should be getting one FOC from the Projector seller) to allow it to be setup more precisely

The screen itself rolls up and stores into a tube. I made a frame from waste pipe and fittings that push together when in use but easily breaks down for stowage.

Screen - Rear
by David, on Flickr
The screen attaches to the frame with velcro.
Screen was £12.99 and the waste pipe stuff was around a tenner. Decided to go for a frame setup as I wanted to also be able use it freestanding in the awning room as well (I can re-arrange the centre vertical to be a rear leg)

For I have sinned. It is 41 months since my last Camp out without watching a screen :eek:

Now I know many people think it is sacrilegious to go away camping and want to watch TV, but I for one enjoy TV, be it a TV Program, viewing a Movie or some Youtube stuff.
I have a Cello 16" TV but TBH I find the screen a bit too small unless it is close - and then it feel too close :confused:

So decided to upgrade to a 40" screen in the camper :p

Here we go ...

Lenovo Tablet
by David, on Flickr

Currently got "The Marvellous Mrs Maisel" on :geek:
This is of course a projector screen. I Choose a 40" screen as the optimum size to fit inside the van and go across the width.
The picture above is projected from my Lenovo Tablet running the Amazon Prime App and is pretty nice.

To go with the Screen I did also buy a cheap dedicated projector (ELEPHAS Projector) for £45. This allows you to plug various devices and run direct.
I have plugged in an Amazon Firestick, directly powered via the USB port on the projector and put on "Taken, the TV Series"

Elephas Projector
by David, on Flickr]
Waiting on a stand to put the projector on (should be getting one FOC from the Projector seller) to allow it to be setup more precisely

The screen itself rolls up and stores into a tube. I made a frame from waste pipe and fittings that push together when in use but easily breaks down for stowage.

Screen - Rear
by David, on Flickr
The screen attaches to the frame with velcro.
Screen was £12.99 and the waste pipe stuff was around a tenner. Decided to go for a frame setup as I wanted to also be able use it freestanding in the awning room as well (I can re-arrange the centre vertical to be a rear leg)
What is the power consumption of the projector?

I went the full monty in my last van bonkers I dident know enough about batteries and how much juice the thing used it’s been a cruel learning curve but think I’m starting to get it now ?The generators never been out the locker since I got rid of it.

FD20063C-E5BF-4BEC-A5D2-4C27BC467673.png922D2E4B-DD97-46DF-B4A1-39306A51C123.png

I went the full monty in my last van bonkers I dident know enough about batteries and how much juice the thing used it’s been a cruel learning curve but think I’m starting to get it now ?The generators never been out the locker since I got rid of it.

View attachment 42621View attachment 42622
Very Nice :)
My budget won't stretch to anything like that!

Power consumption on my projector is not quoted anywhere I can see so, I ran it up to check - it looks like it is using around the 40W mark when running. (it was not even enough to wake up the inverter - I had to fool the inverter to start up)

This is your next step and a few of us can come and join you... It's a mobile cinema... :)MOBILE CINEMA.jpg

You know, that would be a perfect vehicle for my OH.
She runs workshops under the name "Ministry of Feltology" (so only have to change a few letters on the side) and the front section would make a great light workspace area.

The whole thing would make a fab motorhome conversion as well :)
This is your next step and a few of us can come and join you... It's a mobile cinema... :)View attachment 42878

Alas we've missed the boat, it sold a few years ago..
MOBILE CINEMA.jpgMOBILE CINEMA 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back