France - fuel and tolls

Herbenny

Is there a website that can roughly calculate costs travelling from Calais to Cevennes ? The one we used a couple of years ago was a waste of time as Paul kept diverting me to all the cafes he been to over the years in the lorry 🙄

I’m either stupid or just stupid for even wanting to know costs but I need to start saving or advertising my right arm for my fuel and wine 🍷

Check out viamichelin. I have linked to trip from Cherbourg to Bayonne as an example. You need to set the style of vehicle and fuel costs, but once registered the site should retain the details.

Or basic link.

Davy

Is there a website that can roughly calculate costs travelling from Calais to Cevennes ? The one we used a couple of years ago was a waste of time as Paul kept diverting me to all the cafes he been to over the years in the lorry 🙄

I’m either stupid or just stupid for even wanting to know costs but I need to start saving or advertising my right arm for my fuel and wine 🍷
Forgot to ask wots your VAN and how many MPG do you get with it ???? And how much vin do you drink :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It’s a guzzling tank 🚐
and I drink far too much 🤪🍷
On this trip to Spain from Scotland, we've driven 2050 miles, mainly light right foot, but with a couple of 'clog down' days driving. Average has been 27 to 28mpg, min 24.7mpg, max 31.1mpg.

To date, we've spent £541.27 on diesel, £15.03 on lpg (but we need refill, so about £30 to add to that), and £62.53 on autoroute fees in France (Dieppe to Perpignan)

Steve

Something I should have mentioned in my earlier post regarding viamichelin. When choosing your vehicle, you cannot select Motorhome, so the default tariff is class 1 (a car).

Select a car type with a similar mpg to your van and add a caravan which takes you into class 2 which also includes Motorhomes and therefore a more accurate costing.

An issue that sometimes affects Motorhomes is your height. If you are over 3 metres, the cameras may try to classify you as class 3 (heavy vehicle) with cost implications. If this is the case, then probably best not to use the 30 kph tag lanes, but stop at the barrier and look at the screen to see what class you are being charged at. Many people press the buzzer, speak to an operator and claim to be class 2. The success rate seems quite good from posts on forums. My van is 2.9 m so no issues.

Davy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back