Fridge freezer water outflow pipe

Mobilvetta

Just took the external fridge vent off from the side of the motorhome and noticed a small plastic water container full to the brim with water and overflowing.
As anyone else noticed this problem with there's.

Just wondering if I can add an extension to the clear plastic pipe and channel the pipe so that any water goes directly outside the motorhome, thus by passing the container. As anyone else done this, the fridge freezer seems to be working ok. What is the purpose of the container. I've attached a couple of photos after I drained the water out of the container.

IMG_20190822_144728.jpgIMG_20190822_144717.jpg

About two years ago I noticed that the drip container on our fridge/ freezer had got a small hole in the bottom. Fortunately there was sufficient slack in the pipe to enable me to poke the end through the vent cover. To this day, it still remains there.
I see no reason why you shouldn’t extend the pipe and do the same. With it dripping outside is handy as you can readily see that it is working.

Hi. Most fridges had a drip tube running from inside thefridge to outside so when fridge was in defrost mode the excess water ran out this tube. On a household fridge this tube went to a tray on top of the compressor and it evaporated from there The tube can be lengthened.

In normal use the water that drains from inside the fridge is evaporated off from this tray with heat from the pipes at rear

So it shouldn’t be overflowing

Note drain hole in fridge can block up if so clear it with pipe cleaner or zip tie etc

In normal use the water that drains from inside the fridge is evaporated off from this tray with heat from the pipes at rear

So it shouldn’t be overflowing

Note drain hole in fridge can block up if so clear it with pipe cleaner or zip tie etc
Yes I have done exactly that. Although the container was not overflowing I did not like the idea of it becoming full so I just extended the exiting pipe with a bit of a joiner and brought the extended pipe out through the vent.
Done this o
Just took the external fridge vent off from the side of the motorhome and noticed a small plastic water container full to the brim with water and overflowing.
As anyone else noticed this problem with there's.

Just wondering if I can add an extension to the clear plastic pipe and channel the pipe so that any water goes directly outside the motorhome, thus by passing the container. As anyone else done this, the fridge freezer seems to be working ok. What is the purpose of the container. I've attached a couple of photos after I drained the water out of the container.

I have done exactly this. I noticed that the plastic container was getting full although not overflowing. As stated by others I think it is supposed to evaporate but I simply removed the pipe from the container, joined another bit of pipe to make it a bit longer and poked it out through the vent. I can see it dripping occasionally so know it works
sorry about double post !!!

Thank you everyone for your replies, I am now going to extend the pipe to go outside like a few of you have done.

My lower fridge vent has a clip to take the drain pipe and hence drain outside

The possible problem with extending the pipe to the outside is that it might freeze up when dribbling.
If you do extend using a pipe that fits over the old one should reduce that risk.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back