Fridge oddity

Pudsey Bear

Bit of an odd one this, the fridge has been acting up (no news there then) anyway a temp fix was done by the mobile bloke, he put a switch in the top locker which needs to be on to run on LPG, anyway, we're off tomorrow so had it on 230v for a couple of days, Liz decides it'll be a good idea to turn it on to LPG to make sure it's working, so I jump in the van and turn the selector switch to gas, turn this new switch on and press the buttons, but no whoosh of it lighting as normal, I have to attempt a few times usually to get it to stay fired up, but still no whoosh, so I left it on 230v overnight and went out this morning, I tried again, no Whoosh, so I just turned the whole thing off and opened the door and left it for an hour, went back in and turned it to gas, pressed the buttons etc and the little indicator thing went into the green bit, but no whoosh again, so I shut the fridge door and left it, 30 minutes later I felt the chimney bit of the top vent and it was warm, checked inside the bottom vent and it was hot around the burner, so left it a few hours and all is getting cold, -12c in the freezer 11ish in the empty fridge, so obviously the damned thing is working but why no whoosh?

Bit of an odd one this, the fridge has been acting up (no news there then) anyway a temp fix was done by the mobile bloke, he put a switch in the top locker which needs to be on to run on LPG, anyway, we're off tomorrow so had it on 230v for a couple of days, Liz decides it'll be a good idea to turn it on to LPG to make sure it's working, so I jump in the van and turn the selector switch to gas, turn this new switch on and press the buttons, but no whoosh of it lighting as normal, I have to attempt a few times usually to get it to stay fired up, but still no whoosh, so I left it on 230v overnight and went out this morning, I tried again, no Whoosh, so I just turned the whole thing off and opened the door and left it for an hour, went back in and turned it to gas, pressed the buttons etc and the little indicator thing went into the green bit, but no whoosh again, so I shut the fridge door and left it, 30 minutes later I felt the chimney bit of the top vent and it was warm, checked inside the bottom vent and it was hot around the burner, so left it a few hours and all is getting cold, -12c in the freezer 11ish in the empty fridge, so obviously the damned thing is working but why no whoosh?
The mobile bloke installed an anti-whoosh switch.

All loaded up and ready to go and the bugger won't start, not recognising the key.

The mobile bloke installed an anti-whoosh switch.
Woosh is normally when the igniter doesn't work immediately giving a chance for the gas to build up and woosh. A efficient igniter will work straight away without letting the gas build up so no woosh. We lost our woosh with a burner and igniter replacement. Thought the garage had appropriated it

I always press the gas button before the ignitor so it would normally always whoosh.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back