Fridge problem

Biggarmac

Rally Organiser

My fridge is lighting on gas but not getting down to temperature. Its not as if I am in somewhere hot. (East Yorkshire just now.) I have a fridge/freezer thermometer which is showing 0 in the freezer compartment and 15 in the fridge. Tried switching off, leaving it half an hour and then switching back on.
Any suggestions?

It sounds like the jet needs cleaning.
I've done a few of these, it requires the burner to be removed and the the small disc with the jet hole in taken out and then clean it and the burner with meths or gin if you haven't meths.
Then replace everything and it should be fine.
If the burner is badly corroded then it possibly needs to be changed.
I hope this helps.

Thanks Lee. The problem started after I filled with some LPG on my travels at a BP garage in North Yorks on the A64. The gas is also smelling a bit when boiling the kettle. I'll need to try and find someone who feels competitent to fix it, or cut short my trip.

Anyone around Bridlington area who can help me? Plan is to go to Whitby on Saturday. Any suggestions for getting the fridge fixed between Flamborough and Whitby?

Sorry if only I was near, I would be happy to help.

It sounds like the jet needs cleaning.
I've done a few of these, it requires the burner to be removed and the the small disc with the jet hole in taken out and then clean it and the burner with meths or gin if you haven't meths.
Then replace everything and it should be fine.
If the burner is badly corroded then it possibly needs to be changed.
I hope this helps.
We have a fridge. Once got it going via the gas supply but it didn't do anything so gave up. Maybe we should have another look at it next time we are at a meet. Would be nice to have a fridge rather than packing it full of frozen stuff.
We can last about 3 to 4 days this way after that it's help from Annie with the freeze blocks. Lol

Ours has been acting up again on our French trip , it has a funny smell and keeps sutting the flue up , I have cleaned it twice to keep us going but I have ordered a new jet and it should be posted through the letter box by the time we get home

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back