fridge vents

EnaC

New to motorhoming not planning on using for a few months, should you put the fridge vents on when not using? Thanks in advance

New to motorhoming not planning on using for a few months, should you put the fridge vents on when not using? Thanks in advance

I do, EnaC, if only to keep wind blown debris and dust at bay.
The manufacturers usually also recommend fitting them when the ambient temperature falls below about 8 degC.

Colin :):):)

Anyone noticed that they sell insulated covers now ?

Sure I saw them somewhere but didn’t get a chance to see if they were backward compatible with my plain thin plastic ones

I saw the vent covers on eBay ( Brownhills I think ??) but they were about £30.00 each, too dear for me, so I removed the vents and taped plastic sheets to their rears, perfect

We get quite a draught from the gaps around the fridge, but I'm not sure that covers would help cos I assume you'd have to take them off to use the fridge on gas? And how can they justify £30 each?

We get quite a draught from the gaps around the fridge, but I'm not sure that covers would help cos I assume you'd have to take them off to use the fridge on gas? And how can they justify £30 each?

They are designed to be left on when using the fridge if the ambient temperature drops below 8 celsius.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back