Navigation Inn
Thursday, December 5, 2019 - 12:00 PM
Until: Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Another fine meet was had by all. The weather was not the best but the food and beer was excellent. The dog was a pest as usual because he got covered in mud and I had to hose him down. What did he do then but jump on his bed and soaked it through. He was then a pest all night having no bed to sleep on and there was no chance of drying it the next day so had to leave a day early. Still had some good walks. So thanks Phil for another fine early Christmas meet. Going to put some photos on over the next couple of days starting today.
.... Tom ....

PC060141.JPGPC060142.JPGPC060143.JPGPC060144.JPGPC070145.JPGPC070146.JPGPC070147.JPG

As Annie has mentioned, this was my most northerly meet to date - and it was full of surprises.
I had expected lines of little boys waiting to climb down into the mines, little girls clattering their way home along cobbled lanes in clogs after a tiring day in the mills.......................but no.
I did, however, find a great bunch of friendly, happy Moho-ers in a brilliant pub alongside a canal with a fascinating history.
I had a wonderful time catching up with old (a word that is truly descriptive) friends and meeting new faces.
So thank you, Phil, because without you this would never have been possible. You worked hard before and during the meet and we really appreciate your efforts.
BTW, my vote is for another of your hilarious quizzes after the Xmas meal next year. That was fun!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Oh just reading above i completely forgot to give a big thanks to Wully for donating a few bottles of wine to add to the Christmas spirit in his absence. THANKS WULLY 👍👍👍👍.
Few more photos to make you cringe for a while. The last one photo bombing is Jenny (Minisorella) just can't keep her out of the limelight. :).
.... Tom ....

PC070169.JPGPC070170.JPGPC070171.JPGPC070172.JPGPC070173.JPGPC070174.JPGPC070175.JPG

Another unsung hero I forgot to mention earlier and have just remembered, Mrs Molly 3 (Christine). Thanks for the boxes of After Eights handed round all the tables. Also Colin ( Full Member) for his chocolates and all who added to the great night with boxes of biscuits and other goodies from people that kept appearing through the night. It sure was no place for diabetics to relax for the evening.
Ah well back to the photos.
.... Tom ....

PC070195.JPGPC070196.JPGPC070197.JPGPC070198.JPGPC070199.JPGPC070200.JPGPC080201.JPG

This is the last of the photos. Its been a great meet, so thanks to all involved who made it nice, warm, and memroble on a cold wet winter weekend.
.... Tom ....

PC080223.JPGPC080224.JPGPC080225.JPGPC080226.JPGPC080227.JPG

Had a lovely weekend with lovely people, good was brill, thank you wully for the wine, what a lovely gesture, we all raised our glasses to you, how refreshing to witness some kindness, not much about these days

Great pics as usual Tom thank you 👍

Colin has let the side down, no shorts! Was that because you thought I may be cold in the North? Winter is coming and all that :)

Great pics as usual Tom thank you 👍

Colin has let the side down, no shorts! Was that because you thought I may be cold in the North? Winter is coming and all that :)

Wrong!
I was wearing the Red Beauties under the Santa outfit, Neil.

Colin :):):)

Another fine meet was had by all. The weather was not the best but the food and beer was excellent. The dog was a pest as usual because he got covered in mud and I had to hose him down. What did he do then but jump on his bed and soaked it through. He was then a pest all night having no bed to sleep on and there was no chance of drying it the next day so had to leave a day early. Still had some good walks. So thanks Phil for another fine early Christmas meet. Going to put some photos on over the next couple of days starting today.
.... Tom ....

View attachment 51800View attachment 51801View attachment 51802View attachment 51803View attachment 51804View attachment 51805View attachment 51806
Lovely photos. Really captured the venue. It is a beautiful place.

Thank you to all who organised the Bugsworth meet. I really enjoyed it. The company and friendliness was great which made the time spent together relaxing and fun. The food was really good especially the cheesecake which I couldn’t finish -never heard of before - because I was too full. Thank you Phil another successful meet 😉😉

Wrong!
I was wearing the Red Beauties under the Santa outfit, Neil.

Colin :):):)
What about the pic of you sat outside Phils van :)

it don’t count if you have them on under jeans ha ha

wondering if I may yet have to step up to my kilt for winter solstice but it’s probably a lot warmer dahn sarf 👍

Thanks for a great do, good bait, beer and brethren. Thanks to Wully for the wine. Sorry for the belated response but I,ve just managed to fire up the laptop as we visited MarkM and Pilsleyavondale on our way back to Northumbria.
Cheers, Jim, Carol and Jake.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back