Whittingham & Goosnargh Social Club, Campsite , Thursday 23rd September , 5 Nights

Whittingham & Goosnargh Social Club, Campsite , Thursday 23rd September , 5 Nights
Posted by jeffmossy
Whittingham & Goosnargh Sports And Social Club
Thursday, September 23, 2021 - 10:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, September 28, 2021 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Thank you all for the lovely comments, it really does make it worth all the time and effort into putting these meets together , and thank you for attending, great members make great meets also. Take care and see you in 2 weeks at Holmfirth :cool:(y)
We second all the comments made Jeff, the effort that each of you put in to delivering a great meet is really appreciated. The meet felt like we were nearly back to normal. Special thanks to you Jeff for silencing my fridge and allowing me to get a good nights kip. Hope to see you all soon. Mick and Teresa

Thank you all for the lovely comments, it really does make it worth all the time and effort into putting these meets together , and thank you for attending, great members make great meets also. Take care and see you in 2 weeks at Holmfirth :cool:(y)
Wot he said ;)

Was a fantastic meeting Jeff thanks for all your hard work organising it. Met love great people and really enjoyed ourselves. We arrived safely at Filey managed to get some diesel from rivington services only £1.75 a litre 😭

Well, home at last from this fabulous meet after van troubles! I've managed to avoid grandbabysitting duties thanks to our little Teddy pushing through about 4 molars all at once with all the appropriate misery and grumbles! Thank you so much Jeff, Lorraine and Del for all your hard work and to Doug for a brilliant, fun quiz. Despite not having the energy at the moment for nights out every night, I promise I really enjoyed this meet and am so happy that we're using this fab venue at long last (y)

So, van troubles. A couple of miles from Wittingham at the start of the meet, the battery warning light started coming on when the revs were dropping. We couldn't see anything obvious with the belt, so guessed it was likely the alternator packing up... which it promptly did on the way home. When we completely lost power, Paul swapped a leisure battery into the engine bay and we managed to get to a garage local to him. As he knows the owner, they pulled out all the stops to fit me in but discovered that the reason the alternator had gone was because the diesel pump was corroded and diesel was slowly dripping onto it. (Big thanks to Rog for the phone call that gave us a heads up on the fuel leak.) Anyhoo, all beautifully done and dusted and I'm tucked up at home, catching up with Strictly and nursing a huge hole in my wallet :oops: Thank goodness for the Birdie emergency fund :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Great meet again Lorraine and Jeff. some intersting places round there like the lake and cemetery. The club was very handy with a nice pub at the enrance to the site. Also a micro brewery over the road which I sampled. A Londis shop for anything you needed. Thanks again Jeff of another Mossy special. Not many photos this time but some of the campers pitches and a club barmaid making a fuss of Rocco. Its a good job the meet came to an end or I am sure they would have got married.
.... Tom ....

IMG_20210924_171202.jpgIMG_20210924_171239.jpgIMG_20210924_171251.jpgIMG_20210924_171300.jpgIMG_20210924_171304.jpgIMG_20210924_171315.jpgIMG_20210924_171339.jpgIMG_20210924_171351.jpgIMG_20210924_171419.jpgIMG_20210924_171430.jpg

Thank you for organising this meet Jeff and Lorraine, I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye, I did look for you. I really enjoyed it, great venue, great company, looking forward to the next one xx

What a great time we had! Thanks so much to Jeff and Lorraine for all their efforts and hard work. Although I was a bit disorganised I thoroughly enjoyed being Stand-in Quizmaster for the night. As long as there hasn't been too many complaints I'd be willing to help out again! (glutton for punishment!).

What a great time we had! Thanks so much to Jeff and Lorraine for all their efforts and hard work. Although I was a bit disorganised I thoroughly enjoyed being Stand-in Quizmaster for the night. As long as there hasn't been too many complaints I'd be willing to help out again! (glutton for punishment!).
We thought you did it very well !

You did a grand job Doug. It helped to make it an enjoyable evening.

This is some youtube footage of this camp from The Northerners on Tour . Thank you
cheers jeff yes we have a channel on you tube all about our travels in our motor home and other things motorhome related so head over to YouTube and search for us Northerners on tour it’s free to subscribe and click the notification bell and every time we post you will be notified xxx

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back