Garage tie down Halfen bolts

paulhelenwilko

Hello all.
I am trying to obtain some additional halfen bolts (just the bolts, don't need the eyes) to fit a hymer garage track. Pictures of the original :
Halfen.JPEGHalfen 2.JPEG

I have found similar but not exact. Halfen bolts seem to be used a lot in the building industry but I cannot find any the same shape as these.
Brownhills are selling for a very generous £24 for 4. (These are obviously the gold plated and diamond encrusted version).
1582500444373.png
I wondered if anyone else had found a replacement or source ?

Paul

Hello all.
I am trying to obtain some additional halfen bolts (just the bolts, don't need the eyes) to fit a hymer garage track. Pictures of the original :
View attachment 53180View attachment 53181

I have found similar but not exact. Halfen bolts seem to be used a lot in the building industry but I cannot find any the same shape as these.
Brownhills are selling for a very generous £24 for 4. (These are obviously the gold plated and diamond encrusted version).
View attachment 53182

Paul
Yes I found a company in Germany that sells the bolt but because of Brexit no doubt they only deliver to a German address. I'm lucky my daughter lives in Germany. I then got the ring nuts i got from GS fixings gsproducts.co.uk and washers off eBay. It all worked out at about £3 quid each. I thought there was a chap on the Hymer Facebook page HOG who sold them.

Try German eBay or Amazon. I did find a German builders merchants who sold them in small numbers, but as I said only to Germany

Alf

Hello all.
View attachment 53180View attachment 53181

View attachment 53182

Paul

Any good ?

Hth
K ;)

Edited to apologise for not reading your post properly, I see its the bolts not the eyese you are looking for. ☹

How about these?

K ;)

Last edited:
Found these on e-bay, I was a little concerned because there is a shoulder that may have prevented it seating properly.

1583177866481.png
Tried it out and it fits very snug. The Bolt head is not quite as wide as the Hymer original, but I think for my application it will be fine.
1583178559677.png

Thankyou for your help and advice.

Paul.

I sent some of my work van stock to Izwozral... Don't know how he got on with them BUT might be worth an ask if he managed with them as, I have some more
View attachment 53183

The second “nuts” with the ridges are from electrical unistrut, obtainable at electrical wholesalers, but may need to be ordered

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back