Garmin Camper 770

Iandsm

Garmin Camper 770

The latest map update on 14 Dec has further ruined my device and I know of others who have the same problem. As well as a previously mentioned fault where map icons became inoperable the latest update has now removed all references to ACSI, Motorhome Fun and NKC poi's as well as all their icons, they no longer appear on the device in any way. I have contacted Garmin and await a reply. Please don't update, but if you have I would urge you to contact Garmin Support asap.

I have the Garmin Camper 760 LMT-D and updated it yesterday 14 Dec with the big quarterly maps update.

Just checked now and all the ACSI, MHF etc are all still there and working.

Last edited:
Like Wooie I updated my Camper 760 yesterday and, as always after an update everything works absolutely fine. I have never had any problems at all either updating or using the 760 after an update. Compared with my old TomTom I consider the Garmin an excellent piece of kit.
Tony

*****;n13563 said:
Bl**dy h3ll,I just looked at the price of this thing. :Loudly_Crying_Face_ I could use a map and have a holiday for that money (with wine) :Red_Wine_Emoji:

It's hard to use a map when you're driving on your own though!

Wooie1958;n13514 said:
I have the Garmin Camper 760 LMT-D and updated it yesterday 14 Dec with the big quarterly maps update.

Just checked now and all the ACSI, MHF etc are all still there and working.

Interesting, it is obviously confined to the 770

Update...

Garmin have updated Garmin Express today and the loss of ACSI etc has been resolved. The map need to be reinstalled and the POI database for the items as well as the menu icons will reappear. The previously reported fault still awaits a fix,

Iandsm;n14382 said:
Update...

Garmin have updated Garmin Express today and the loss of ACSI etc has been resolved. The map need to be reinstalled and the POI database for the items as well as the menu icons will reappear. The previously reported fault still awaits a fix,

Interesting, i`ve just checked Garmin Express and it says it`s up to date with Software Version 5.9.0.0 which i got at the same time as the last big update.

Maybe the loss of ACSI etc. was a model specific problem.

Yes, I think it was model specific and was replaced within version 5.9 so when the map was reinstalled it corrected the problem.

Thanks Garmin. I have updated my 770 and all is working correctly now. I would recommend that users first delete their present version of Garmin express and re install it before installing updates.

I hadn't noticed the ACSI, MHF and NKC files missing, until today when I saw it reported on here, as not used the motorhome since the last updates I done. I'm not trying reloading the maps and see what happens.

UPDATE: They are now back for me too with a map re-instal and updates loaded. I had another problem too, which appears to be now resolved. I have a micro sd card plugged into the unit, and it kept saying, 'This SD card is past it's useful life'. However, it now seems ok! Strange one !!

Last edited:
Updated my 760 last week and it flashed up again yesterday for another one so may be an error on that as well.

The errors I have had are model specific to the 770. If your 760 is working as it should thrn all is well.

Bl**dy h3ll,I just looked at the price of this thing. :Loudly_Crying_Face_ I could use a map and have a holiday for that money (with wine) :Red_Wine_Emoji:

What you need is a contact within Garmin.....770 with rear view ? for £180!

1977paul;n24324 said:

What you need is a contact within Garmin.....770 with rear view ? for £180!

You have such a contact?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back