Gas Bottle Fire

StreetSleeper

Another one of my hobbies is making wood burning stoves from all manner of vessels. This is my attempt at a double burning wood burner stove.
The first picture shows the completed fire which consists of one gas bottle slotted inside another with numerous air holes drilled in the sides.

The finished job.

Showing the air holes.

Internal taken out, note the ring welded round the top of the upside down internal; this is to stop it dropping completely through.

This shows the air space between the two bottles.

In action.

The fire is dying down but, if you look carefully, you can see the flames are reignited by the air coming through the small holes at the top.

Fire is burning down, only leaving red embers.

Very little remains of the burnt wood; ideal for cleaning up.

Rae

StreetSleeper

This one's a bit unusual. I was asked could I make a wood burning stove for a man who services fire extinguishers. The only problem was he wanted it to still look like a fire extinguisher. Well here's my attempt at trying just to do that.

ECC09460-5CD6-4606-B0EA-37D5F7876B1E.jpeg

A little bit about the construction: obviously the first job was to remove all the combustible fittings i.e. pipes and gauges etc. Next job was to remove the bottom of the extinguisher and fit it inside about two inches up from the bottom. Before the job was put together all the breather holes were drilled and the door compartment cut.

DSCN2643.JPG

Next job, the chimney. Only problem here was I didn't want it to be seen from the front so I opted for some box section cut and joined together. At this point I wish to mention this truly was the worst stuff I have ever tried to weld and so tomorrow I shall be cleaning up my previous welds and going over them again.

DSCN2642.JPG

Thought I'd try something different with the chimney and I left a gap at the bottom where it enters the bottle. If it works it's to stop a draw on the fire and so it should be less fierce.

DSCN2644.JPG

Rae

Last edited:

StreetSleeper

A rocket stove, of sorts. The main objective was to make a wood burning stove that was efficient and could use small pieces of wood. The end result was to get enough heat to make a cup of tea.
The first picture shows the stove face on, if you notice the full circle, this is where the fuel is pushed in and below it the half moon shape is where the air intake is.

The next photograph shows the stove from the rear, this is also where the air intake is but the main reason is so the burnt wood can be pushed directly out the back.

This one shows you the side view and gives you some idea of the dimensions.

End on, looking from the front you can see through the fuel intake the hole underneath where the air is drawn in and the burnt wood can drop out.

Here we have an action shot of how the wood is burning, as you can see the wood is pushed in and, as it's burnt, more can be pushed in and the excess dropping below.

To answer my first question, boiling water, enough for a cup of tea.

To let you know this was a mad half hour with an old scaffold pole and an arc welder, probably buying a Kellie kettle would have been a better option but not as much fun.

Rae

Asterix

They look really good,thanks for sharing?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)