Gas check for cooker and rings

Billymuffin

Hi, recently purchased a second hand hobby motorhome and loving the freedom of getting out during this glorious weather.

One question, I have noticed that one of the rings on the gas cooker does not work and I wondered if I needed to go through some kind of gas safety check to unblock / repair?

Any thoughts help and / or advice would be great?

Many thanks

Andy

Morning Andy

Does the ring light but go out? Our Hobby has a three burner hob and one of the rings had a distorted skirt, the aluminium bit, and the flame was missing the thermocouple. If you have a look under the hob you'll see the electrical connections for each ring and removing and refitting the terminals a few times might clean them up and help the thermocouple to work properly, assuming it is seeing the flame.

Cheers

H

Hi H,

Thanks so much for responding so quickly. The ring doesn't light.

However, I will do what you have done and give it a try. Many thanks

Andy

Could just be a bit of crud on the jet surface. If you remove the top of the burner (it is often held by two Torx type screws) depending on the manufacturer there could be a brass jet visible. If you give it a tap with a screwdriver handle then have a listen you might hear gas escaping. You can unscrew the jet and see if there's gas present. Don't attempt to clean a jet with a pin or anything of that sort. They are set up to deliver the correct amount of gas for correct combustion. If your hob is a Cramer/Thetford I'm fairly sure the jet is directly below the burner head. If not it may be under the hob on the end of an aluminium tube which is part of the burner body. A spot of solvent, but only a spot, can sometimes clear a gummed up jet.

Cheers

H

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back